COVID-19 Updates: For advice and updates for staff, students, and applicants who may have concerns about the coronavirus outbreak please visit our Situation Updates page.

EU Students

We currently have a large community of EU students on campus, so if you choose to join them, you are sure to feel at home with us.

These are all the things you will need to know in order to make an application and start your studies.

A guide for students from the EU

Download the EU Student FAQs from Universities UK.

Entry requirements


In order to study with us, you will have to have passed your high school qualification at the point that you join the University. However, you can apply during your final year and we can make conditional offers based on predicted grades.

We will also need to see proof of your English language ability. For more information, please see our English language requirements.

To check what qualifications and grades you need in order to be eligible for entry onto your chosen course, please contact the International

Some courses have additional requirements or tasks. Please check individual course information for more details.


You will need a bachelor’s degree equivalent of 2:2 or above. Most of our courses require previous study in a field relevant to your chosen master’s degree subject but we also have several options where this is not necessary. Please check individual course information for more details.

We will also need to see proof your English language ability. For more information please see our English language requirements. If your undergraduate study was taught in English or obtained from an English-speaking country you may not need to take an additional English test but you will need to provide evidence of this.

If you are applying for PhD study, we advise you to submit your research proposal to enquire whether we can support your chosen area of specialism.

Students chatting at our Avenue Campus


In 28 May 2019 the UK Government announced that European Union students applying for university places in the 2020-21 academic year will remain eligible for home fee status and have access to undergraduate and postgraduate student loans.

This was again confirmed in a new statement on 23 June 2020.

Find out more information about Undergraduate fees and Postgraduate fees.


On 23 June 2020, the UK Government announced that “EU, other EEA and Swiss nationals will no longer be eligible for home fee status, undergraduate, postgraduate and advanced learner financial support from Student Finance England for courses starting in academic year 2021/22”.

The University will announce details of fees and scholarships for EU, other EEA and Swiss nations very shortly.

How to apply

There are two main ways to apply for a course with us. You can apply online through UCAS or through an in-country representative.

To complete your application through UCAS you will need the code for the University of Northampton, which is N38.

Alternatively, we work with representatives in a number of countries who are familiar with our courses and can help you with your application process. Please check this list to find a representative in your country.


If you choose to study with us, you will have a choice of accommodation options. Find out more about our Halls of Residence or private sector accommodation.

Finding a part-time job

We have a recruitment agency on campus called Unitemps who can help you find part-time work during your studies, as well as help you find placements and graduate job opportunities.

Find out more about Unitemps and see what kind of jobs are available.

Our Campus