Contact LearnTech for advice and support regarding how technology can enhance your course assessments.
What staff need(s) will the workshop meet?
I need to know what technical tools are available in NILE to support assessment, and to understand when to use which.
I need to understand the different types of assessment I can set up in NILE, using the assignment tool, and how technology can help also to
record grades and provide feedback to students.
Through this you will...
LearnTech offer guidance and support on a range of technologies that you can use to enhance the assessment on your modules: current topics include:
- Using Turnitin for assessment and feedback of written work;
- Assessing non-Turnitin assignments;
- Using tests and surveys in NILE;
- Understanding and using the Grade Centre.
Learntech will help you understand when and how to use the tools and functionalities and help you make decisions as to how best to use them to enhance your assessment. For further information see https://libguides.northampton.ac.uk/learntech/staff/nile-help/nile-training
Who would benefit from this workshop
All staff involved with assessment, especially decisions about assessment design.
||Consultation with LearnTech around these topics will help you enhance the assessment on on your courses.
||These consultations provide a real opportunity to develop your skills and understanding to draw on the value that technology brings and also develop students’ digital skills.
||The support and guidance you get will help you to make use of technology to support the needs of individuals and different student groups.
Supporting HEA fellowship
|D1 - Associate Fellow of the HEA
||Staff with at least 1 year teaching/support experience. Typically these are staff who do some teaching/student support but not as the main element of their role, such as
- Career researchers with some teaching responsibilities
- Learning support, demonstrators or technicians with some teaching responsibilities
- Staff experienced in professional areas but with a limited teaching role
|D2 - Fellow of the HEA
Staff for whom teaching or learning support is a significant element of their role such as staff with experience as
- Academic or Support staff holding substantive teaching & learning responsibilities
- Experienced professionals with substantive teaching & learning responsibilities including for example within workplace settings
|D3 - Senior Fellow of the HEA
Experienced HE teaching staff able to demonstrate sustained impact & influence on the L&T practice of others over a number of years, through
- Leading, managing, organising programmes
- Mentoring other staff
- Departmental, School or other University responsibilities