Excellence in Learning and Teaching at the University of Northampton 2018-2019
To enable transformational learning experiences through inspirational teaching.
Developing capability in learning design, innovation and excellent teaching practice, underpinned by the latest pedagogic research.
- Our learners are competent, resourceful and ethical problem solvers, capable to imagine and deploy creative approaches to address tomorrow’s challenges.
- Our graduates are knowledgeable, socially responsible, digitally proficient and highly employable global citizens – the Changemakers of the future.
- Our colleagues are outstanding at research-informed teaching and supporting learning, ensuring flexibility and pedagogic innovation for maximum benefit to staff and students.
- Our researchers generate evidence on excellent teaching for optimal student learning and attract funding for research and enterprise activities.
- We support our academic partners to deliver equivalent student experiences to those of our students at Northampton.
- Employers and other key external stakeholders actively engage with every stage of our academic process: from programme design to implementation, evaluation, work-based learning opportunities and course redesign.
- Our quality assurance and enhancement systems provide robust, evidence-based benchmarks to ensure positive and rewarding experiences for staff and students.
Learning and teaching objectives 2018-19
1. To support staff in enhancing student success, to include BAME, inclusion and Personal Tutoring, in line with the Enhancing Student Success (ESS) plan.
2. To enable and support staff to deliver high quality teaching in line with Active Blended Learning and enhance the employability prospects of our students.
4. To implement the outcomes of UMF assessment review.
5. To support staff in pedagogic innovation.
6. To increase ILT’s and the University’s profile and generate revenue via external bids and consultancy.
ILT Learning and Teaching Strategic Plan 2018-2019
You can also read this plan here: LT Plan 2018-19 Objectives