- Date: Thursday 14 February 2019
- Time: 12:00 – 14:00
- Location: Senate 405
- Cost: Free
Sign up for Leading for Excellent Academic Practice if this is your need:
- I have taken on the role of Subject or Programme Leader.
- Despite experience leading the team for a while, I’d like support with new challenges we face.
- Being Programme Leader can be a lonely experience at times – I’d love to meet with others, swap ideas & find out how they are addressing problems.
- There have been some new developments within the University recently and it would be good to discuss these with others and find out how they are addressing them.
Through this you will…
The role of the programme leader is a challenging one, involving academic leadership for the programme and its development. Responsibilities include the introduction of innovation, supporting the staff team to meet students’ needs, and to respond to new university policies and requirements. The role includes developing responses to quality assurance and enhancement procedures and involves supporting students, co-ordinating PTs and PATs and representing the course to the University. This workshop enables collaborative exploration of effective and efficient approaches to address the challenges you face and devise practical strategies you can adopt within your role.
Key Links to UKPSF:
A5: Focus on your own professional development
Also: K6, V4
To book this event, email Marie Graham!