- Date: Monday 15 November 2021
- Time: 11:00 – 13:00
- Location: Collaborate
You will engage in a series of practical activities including
· Exploration of what Marking to Learning Outcomes means in practice and the approaches available to you for your own grading of work
· Practical involvement in the marking of short examples of student work
· Engagement in processes of social moderation to discuss and agree the basis for marks awarded in grading student work
· Consideration of how standards of work differ across different academic levels.
What staff need(s) will the workshop meet?
I’ve been asked to mark work for our courses, but I’m struggling a bit with grading the work appropriately to the level of the module.
I know that ‘Marking to Learning Outcomes’ is the UoN approach, but what does that mean for how I should approach allocating marks and giving feedback on student work?
It’s clear which is the strongest work done for this assignment, and which is the weakest, but I don’t find it easy to assign a particular grade, especially for the work ‘in the middle ground’.