- Date: Tuesday 9 January 2018
- Time: 14:00 – 16:00
- Location: TPod
- Cost: free
Sign up for Creating Effective Educational Videos workshop if this is your need:
- How can I review, choose and create the most effective educational videos to use with my students?
- Help! I need help to create educational videos, and other multimedia learning resources too, in ways which will support effective student learning.
Through this you will…
- Participants will explore what works (and doesn’t work!) within existing educational videos (including through a short pre-task reviewing a number of examples) and will develop an understanding of the cognitive theory of multimedia learning.
- Participants will look at the practical application of Mayer’s multimedia principles and engage in activities to consider the ways that the principles relate to one another.
- During the latter half of the session participants will work on designing or improving an educational video (or other multimedia learning resource) of their own, and will go away with a new/improved resource to use in their own teaching.
Key Links to UKPSF:
A2: Focus on Teaching & Supporting Learning
Also: K3, K4, V3
To book this workshop, email Marie Graham.