- Date: Tuesday 18 January 2022
- Time: 09:00 – 13:00
At this workshop you will:
- Review the demographics of your particular programme in relation to that for UoN as a whole and consider both the varied learning needs and opportunities to celebrate diversity this may present.
- Explore a range of ABL learning activities to consider adaptability to your subject area and the diversity of your cohort.
- Apply issues and strategies discussed by the group in consideration of the learning activities planned for use in your programme.
The ‘Research’ element introduces research staff and PGR students to Pure, Northampton’s research information management system. It provides an overview of Open Access and Research Data Management.
What staff needs will the workshop meet?
- What information is available to me about the make-up of my student groups?
- How can I ensure my teaching approach is sensitive to the particular learning needs of UoN students?
- What are the benefits and challenges of using Active Blended Learning (ABL), both face-to-face and online, with a diverse group of students?
- What strategies and approaches can I use to address the needs of different student groups within UoN?