- Date: Thursday 18 June 2020
- Time: 13:00 – 16:00
- Cost: Free
At this workshop you will:
- Review the demographics of your particular programme in relation to that for UoN as a whole and consider both the varied learning needs and opportunities to celebrate diversity this may present.
- Explore a range of ABL learning activities to consider adaptability to your subject area and the diversity of your cohort.
- Apply issues and strategies discussed by the group in consideration of the learning activities planned for use in your programme.
What staff needs will the workshop meet?
- What information is available to me about the make-up of my student groups?
- How can I ensure my teaching approach is sensitive to the particular learning needs of UoN students?
- What are the benefits and challenges of using Active Blended Learning (ABL), both face-to-face and online, with a diverse group of students?
- What strategies and approaches can I use to address the needs of different student groups within UoN?
Note: This workshop is delivered immediately before Pure, Open Access and Research Data Management in a Nutshell!