Workshops that are designed to support Area of Activity A4 will help you to develop effective learning environments and approaches to student support and guidance.
Many of these workshops will be useful in relation to the new PT Role within the new Integrated Learner Support approach.
- A key starting point for PTs is the new ‘Personal Tutor Core Workshop: preparing for the new PT Role in Supporting Student Success‘.
- Other workshops directly related to the role of the PT (and to PATs working at Levels 5, 6, 7) are
- Coaching for Success
- Finding and Interpreting Data (IN DEVELOPMENT)
- Beyond these workshops, further workshops of value to PTs and PATs include
- Student Policy at Northampton
- Enhancing Employability within your Course
- Supporting Progression and Retention through Embedded Academic Skills Development
- ‘Active Engagement of Every Learner’ – Inclusive Teaching Series (IN DEVELOPMENT). This will include a focus on working with BAME students, Chinese Students, and Students with Autism.
Further workshops of particular value to PTs will be added to this area of C@N-DO over the coming year. Watch out for developments, and contact Shirley Bennett if you have particular requests.
The University’s Staff Development team also offer a number of other sessions on supporting students. These include:
- Supporting Students in Distress
- Responding to Sexual Violence Disclosures (in development)
- Prevent training
Information about all of these can be found via your U4BW account where you can access the full staff development calendar.