Workshops that are designed to support Area of Activity A4 will help you to develop effective learning environments and approaches to student support and guidance.
Many of these workshops will be useful in relation to the new PT Role within the new Integrated Learner Support approach.
- A key starting point for PTs is the new ‘Being a PT in 19/20 – Are you ready?‘ and ‘Getting Ready for Welcome and Induction Week‘
- Other workshops directly related to the role of the PT (and to PATs working at Levels 5, 6, 7) are
- Beyond these workshops, further workshops of value to PTs and PATs include
- Enhancing Employability at Waterside
- Supporting Progression and Retention through Embedded Academic Skills Development
- ‘Tools and Tactics for Engaging Students’
- Sensitivity or stereotyping: teaching racially diverse cohorts
- Enhancing the Engagement of your Chinese Students
- Working with students on the autism spectrum
Further workshops of particular value to PTs will be added to this area of C@N-DO over the coming year. Watch out for developments, and contact Shirley Bennett if you have particular requests.
The University’s Staff Development team also offer a number of other sessions on supporting students. These include:
- Supporting Students in Distress
- Responding to Sexual Violence Disclosures (in development)
- Prevent training
Information about all of these can be found via your U4BW account where you can access the full staff development calendar.