You can become a Fellow of the HEA by making an application through the institutional CPD Scheme, C@N-DO. Applications involve completion of certain assessment tasks (see downloads) and applications made by university staff through C@N-DO are free of charge.
Steps towards HEA Fellowship (AFHEA, FHEA, SFHEA):
1. Go to the C@N-DO Fellowship Support Resource and complete the activities under Getting Started
2. Go to the C@N-DO Expression of Interest Form, complete it and submit it – then
- we will send you further information regarding applying for Fellowship (AFHEA, FHEA, SFHEA)
- we will contact your Subject Leader to let them know that you have submitted an Expression of Interest in Fellowship form
- we will help you make a link with your local (Faculty or Subject) C@N-DO Fellowship Champion.
3. Choose the ‘support route’ that suits you best: options include
- Individual / Independent route, working through the activities in the relevant sections of the C@N-DO Fellowship Support Resource
- Supported route, working in a four-month Fellowship Peer Support Circle.
4. Decide which panel you plan to submit to (Autumn, Spring or Summer). Complete the Intention to Submit form 4-6 weeks before the panel submission deadline. (If you do not complete the form within the appropriate time period you will need to wait till a later panel.)
5. Before submitting, arrange a ‘check’ of your application by your local (Faculty or Subject) Fellowship Champion and ensure you obtain, and include references as above.
6. Submission deadlines for 2021-2022:
- 31st October 2021
- 27th February 2022
- 19th June 2022
Submit through the correct submission point on the C@N-DO NILE site, by the deadline indicated. Late submissions are not permitted.
C@N-DO Assessment Tasks for 2021-22 can be found here: www.tinyurl.com/CANDOAssessment2122.
For further information see the C@N-DO Handbook.