Strong, dynamic and forward-thinking leadership at the programme level is a key feature of the University of Northampton’s approach to high-quality learning opportunities. Below are resources to understand and support the role of the Programme Leader.
What does a Programme Leader do?
The Programme Leader role is multi-faceted and serves the students, Institution and other stakeholders through work in 10 key areas (the full Programme Leader Role Description is available to download).
What development opportunities are available to support Programme Leaders?
The University’s HEA-accredited professional framework, C@N-DO, provides workshops to support the development of Programme Leaders.
Further information about Leading for Excellent Academic Practice (LEAP) Workshops can be found on the LEAP workshop page.
Other workshops are available on different topics, such as Assessment and Feedback, Managing Education with Others and Personal Academic Tutoring, which would be applicable to the Programme Leader role. See all of the C@N-DO workshops.
What are other sources of support for Programme Leaders?
- Programme Design Checklist
- Academic Policies and Regulations
- A year in the life of a Programme Leader (example activities month by month)
- Personal Academic Tutoring web area
- The University’s approach to quality enhancement of learning and teaching
- Embedding Changemaker into the Curriculum
- The C@N-DO professional development framework (overview)
Request a CAIeRO Curriculum Design workshop for your programme by emailing the Learning Design team: LD@northampton.ac.uk