We want to reassure you that the University of Northampton continues to monitor and follow Government guidance around COVID-19. Whilst no cases have been reported on campus, we understand if many of our applicants are applying social distancing measures and limiting the need to travel.
Under these exceptional circumstances, the decision has been made to postpone our Teachers and Advisers Conference.
If you have registered for this event you will be contacted by the event organiser. Stay safe and we will be in touch soon.
Completely free of charge, our conference is a great opportunity to keep up to date with the latest news in Higher Education and at UON enabling you to prepare and support your students during the university process.
|09:00AM||Arrival and Refreshments|
|11:00AM||Breakout session 1|
|11:45AM||Breakout session 2|
|1:15PM||Breakout session 3|
|2:00PM||Breakout session 4|
For 2020 we have increased the variety of breakout sessions available, enabling delegates to hear subject specific insights as well as updates from across the sector.
Breakout sessions will run subject to a minimum number of delegates selecting to attend them. If a session does not take place we will offer the opportunity to network with speakers over lunch and will be in touch to select an alternative session.
The breakout sessions for this year are:
Alternative careers in Healthcare
- We speak to many students who are keen to work in a care setting, and as a result are automatically drawn to Nursing and Midwifery. This session puts two equally rewarding careers in the spotlight, with an insight into Podiatry and Occupational Therapy. Enabling you to inform your students of alternative routes into a Care profession.
- A walking tour around our Waterside campus will show you all of the facilities our campus has to offer.
Care Leaver Support: pre-application to post-graduation
- A discussion on the support available for care-experienced students throughout their university journey, including a Q&A with current UON students from a care background.
Clearing Plus Explained
- New for 2020, Clearing Plus is a new service on from UCAS that shows students what their options are should they find themselves in Clearing. The options shown to students will be tailored based on criteria set by universities. This session will explain how the new system will work.
Equipping students to succeed as Finance Professionals and Economists
- This session will cover the skills required to work in financial and economical fields and look at the variety of employment opportunities available to students on graduation in these increasingly popular course areas.
Handling the audition process
- Auditions are a crucial part of many creative application processes. This session will highlight how students can prepare for them in an Acting setting, and ways they can ensure that they stand out for the right reasons.
Higher and Degree Apprenticeships update
- This session will bring you up to speed on the latest from the apprenticeships market as the numbers of HADA starts increases.
How to stand out in Nursing and Midwifery applications
- Academics from our Nursing and Midwifery teams provide an insight into what makes for a successful application in two of our most competitive course areas.
Leather Technology: graduates in highest demand
- Just one of the benefits of this course includes the exceptionally high graduate employability rate, often 100%, with graduates entering jobs throughout the leather supply chain including many overseas opportunities. The course requires CCC A level grades or equivalent, and is very much an applied science, reaching out to students from both a scientific and creative background. Facilities here at the Institute for Creative Technologies (ICLT) are world leading including our onsite tannery and laboratories. Given the current global skills shortage in leather, this proves an ideal career choice for today’s student.
Offer making and the HE landscape
- This session will look at offer making across the sector and will include an opportunity for delegates to ask questions on the practices and policies that we adopt at UoN.
Student Finance England update
- A representative from Student Finance England will deliver the latest updates and any changes to Student Finance.
The Future of Business
- The Business world is constantly evolving. This session offers a spotlight on our new Leadership and Management programme, and gives an insight into the skills and qualities students need to become the Executives of the future.
What’s new for Law degrees?
- An opportunity to find out more about the changes that the Solicitors Regulatory Authority are making to the way solicitors are trained and what this means for Law degrees and for your students. The session will be run by 2 Law tutors who have been involved in the redesign on the LLB at the University of Northampton to meet the changing needs of the solicitors profession.
Working in the Fashion industry
- In this session members of our Fashion team will highlight the elements of our courses that make students industry-ready, as well as offering tips and guidance around portfolio preparation.
Parking on campus is limited and will be allocated on a first come first served basis. We are unlikely to be able to allocate more than one parking space per institution and ask that wherever possible delegates from the same institution car share.
To request a parking space for the conference please contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: delegates who have not reserved a parking space and received confirmation from the team will be unable to park on campus.
For information on alternative transport to campus and details of nearby off-campus car parks please contact the team. Details of this will also be provided by email prior to the event.
Lunch will be provided free of charge to delegates. Please provide any dietary requirements at time of booking.
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.