On 22 January 2020, the University will mark Holocaust Memorial Day at Waterside Campus.
The ceremony will start at 12.45pm by The Bird of Transformation monument, which is outside the Senate Building with a stone-laying ceremony by the Multi Faith Chaplaincy.
There will be a series of talks from 1pm in the Morley Room
The keynote speaker will be Dr Raul Carstocea, University of Leicester:
‘Peripheries of the Holocaust: Ion Antonescu and the Differentiated Geography of Genocide in Romania’
Other speakers include:
- Siobhan Hyland, Northampton Rights and Equality Council
- John Josephs, Northampton Hebrew Congregation
- Northampton Students Union
This event is free to attend and open to the general public. If you are not a member of staff or a student, you will need to collect a security pass from Senate Reception.
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.