Autism Study Day. Making inclusion work; Key issues for individuals with ASD.
The University of Northampton is nationally and internationally recognised for its work in Special Educational Needs and Inclusion, including Autism education and research. This is an exciting conference on autism aimed at professionals from a variety of backgrounds (education, social care and health) and parents of individuals on the autism spectrum.
Keynote speakers will be Professor Olga Bogdashina and Professor Rita Jordan.
You will also have the opportunity to network and take part in 2 workshops during the day from the following options:
- Parent education in autism: the ESIPP project
- Children with autism and school based anxiety – an inclusion case study
- Supporting the Development of Social Communication Skills in the Mainstream School Environment
- Autism and Technology
- Northamptonshire Autism Champions and the Autism Advisory Panel
- Curriculum Access
- Social Communication and Interaction (SCI) model.
- Autism in the Muslim Community
- Breaking down barriers: proactive and inclusive solutions to play and physical activity with autistic children and young adults.
Further details about the workshops can be accessed here
To secure your place please book via our online shop
For further information, contact June Coleman via email@example.com
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.