Our Education courses are delivered by experienced and knowledgeable experts.
We offer various routes within education ranging from early years and special educational needs and inclusion, to the study of how people learn to leadership and management. A degree in the field of Education can give you access to a wide range of careers which can include working with babies, children, young people and families.
Dependent on the course a variety of placements are available to ensure you have the practical experience alongside your theoretical knowledge. If you are already in employment within the education sector, we have several courses that have been designed to fit around your job.
If you’re interested in becoming a qualified primary teacher look at our Teacher Training courses.
Here are some of our most popular education courses:
Undergraduate Education Programmes
- Certificate in Higher Education Children, Young People and Families Practitioner Apprenticeship
- The Certificate in Higher Education Children, Young People and Families Practitioner Apprenticeship is designed for practitioners who are currently engaged in employment in Children, Young People and Families services. It will provide you with a sound foundation of children and young people’s development, working with families in the diverse contexts of children and young people’s lives.
- Childhood and Youth BA (Hons)
- Childhood and Youth is a multidisciplinary degree that provides you with a breadth of knowledge and understanding of the lives and experiences of children, young people and their families from ages eight to 25 through academic study and work-based learning. This practical degree supports your academic and professional development to enhance your skills and career prospects.
- Early Childhood Studies BA (Hons)
- The Early Childhood Studies degree takes a holistic approach to the development of young children, from birth to the age of eight. It draws on a range of disciplines, including psychology, sociology, early years pedagogy, policy, law, health, philosophy, and leadership and management, providing you with the breadth of knowledge to pursue careers in early childhood education and care, education, health and social care.
- Early Childhood Studies (top-up) BA (Hons)
- If you have a Foundation Degree or HND, the Early Childhood Studies (top-up) course will progress you onto a full honours degree. You will consolidate your knowledge of the holistic development of young children and have opportunities to apply your learning in the workplace or in a placement setting. This is a particularly useful course if you are already working in this field.
- Early Years Foundation Degree FdA
- A Foundation Degree in Early Years will give you sound theoretical and practical knowledge including children’s rights, child health and wellbeing, family and cultural contexts, and the principles of inclusive practice. It is made up of both taught and work-based elements through which you can apply your knowledge to real work contexts.
- Education Studies BA (Hons)
- A degree in Education Studies will help you to understand the key issues, policies and debates in education today. You will investigate how education systems develop and how children and adults learn. The course is a strong foundation for a variety of careers.
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
- The Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) programme is designed to support teaching assistants and other school support staff to progress to the role of Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA). You will be able to undertake whole class teaching activities under the guidance of a teacher, with teachers remaining the leaders and experts in the classroom.
- International Education (top-up) BA (Hons)
- International Education (top-up) degree gives you the opportunity to top-up HND/ or Diploma level qualifications (or equivalent) to a full honours degree. It will prepare you for work in international education or TEFL, by studying education theory, English language teaching and models of communication.
- Learning and Teaching (FdLT)
- If you work in a school and have a role supporting teaching and learning, for example as a teaching assistant, this Foundation Degree in Learning and Teaching is a recognised qualification for your role and could provide opportunities for career development. The course aims to develop your understanding of children’s learning and build on your ability to support teachers in raising pupil achievement.
- Learning and Teaching (top-up) BA (Hons)
- This degree is designed to follow on from our Foundation Degree in Learning and Teaching (or equivalent). It is aimed at teaching assistants and others in educational support roles and is designed to fit around your work. It builds upon your existing knowledge and experience and is ideal preparation for applying to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) programmes in Key Stage 1 and 2.
- Special Educational Needs and Inclusion BA (Hons)
- A degree in Special Educational Needs and Inclusion will give you the opportunity to study the challenging concepts of social inclusion and difference and diversity. The programme is designed to give you a broad yet in-depth critical understanding of the theoretical perspectives of SEND and Inclusion and relate these to current practices in a range of contexts.
Postgraduate Education Programmes
- Education (Early Years Pathway) MA
- If you work in early years the MA Education (Early Years Pathway) will extend your knowledge, understanding and skills. You will be encouraged to engage with other professional colleagues and specialist tutors in order to develop a secure understanding of the issues and dynamics of Early Years teaching, ultimately informing your professional practice.
- Education (English Language Teaching) MA
- MA Education (English Language Teaching) has a practical focus and will help you become a resourceful, reflective and confident professional in the field of English language teaching.
- Education (Leadership and Management) MA
- This course allows managers and leaders from a variety of educational settings to explore the nature of leadership and management in schools, government offices and NGOs.
- Education (Mathematics Pathway) MA
- The mathematics pathway of our MA in Education offers you the opportunity to extend your knowledge, understanding and skills alongside your work. You will develop a secure understanding of the issues and dynamics of mathematics teaching, ultimately informing your professional practice.
- Education MA
- As a teacher, education professional or recent graduate MA Education will give you the opportunity to enhance your practice by reflecting on your own personal and professional experiences and developing further skills, knowledge and understanding of aspects of specific interest.
- PGCE Top-up Primary / Early Years / Secondary
- The PGCE Top-up enables you to achieve the award of Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) if you have already successfully completed a Graduate Teacher Programme, or School Direct programme and gained Qualified Teacher Status without the academic award.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Digital Leadership
- The Postgraduate Certificate in Digital Leadership is an online course that will give you professional recognition and equip you with the subject knowledge, teaching skills and critical understanding you need to lead positive change as a digital leader in your setting. You will develop your own digital skills and support the practice of others.
- Postgraduate Certificate Primary Mathematics
- The Postgraduate Certificate Primary Mathematics is for qualified teachers who wish to transform their own teaching practice and make an impact upon the mathematics teaching and learning within their own school. You will focus on mathematical thinking, reasoning and problem solving in primary mathematics.
- Postgraduate Certificate Secondary Mathematics Specialist Teacher Programme
- A Postgraduate Certificate Secondary Mathematics Specialist Teacher Programme will enable you to enhance your subject and pedagogical skills in mathematical thinking, reasoning and problem solving within Key Stages 2 to 4.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Specific Learning Difficulties and Inclusion
- The Postgraduate Diploma in Specific Learning Difficulties and Inclusion replaces the OCR Level 5 and 7 qualifications which are being discontinued by OCR. It will provide you with the skills to become a specialist teacher in literacy and understand the underlying difficulties that individuals with dyslexia experience.
- Special Educational Needs and Inclusion (Autism Pathway) MA
- This course will help you to develop your knowledge and skills in the field of Special Educational Needs and Inclusion, specialising in the autism spectrum, including Asperger syndrome.
- Special Educational Needs and Inclusion MA
- This course is particularly useful if you are a practitioner working with children, young people or adults in any one of a range of contexts. It is designed to help you develop your knowledge and understanding of issues relating to Special Educational Needs and Inclusions in a greater depth.
- The National Award for SEN Co-ordination PGCert
- If you are the designated SENCo for your school you are required to complete this mandatory National Award in SEN Co-ordination within three years of taking up the post.
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.