- Senior Lecturer in International Relations and Politics
- Undergraduate Dissertation Tutor for International Relations and Politics
- Postgraduate Dissertation Tutor for International Relations
- SOC1025 – War and Revolution
- SOC1051 – Applied Criminological Research
- SOC2013 – Aspects of European Politics
- SOC2023 – Outsiders (Module Leader)
- SOC2046 – Democracy in Action (Module Leader)
- SOC4004, SOC4005
- SOC4009, SOC4010, SOC4019 – Criminology Dissertations (Module Leader)
- SOCMO30 – European Integration (Module Leader)
- SOCMO37 – MA International Relations Dissertation (Module Leader)
- SOCMO41 – MSc Criminology Dissertation (Module Leader)
MA International Relations research supervisor.
PhD supervisor in the fields of International Relations and Politics.
External Activities and Consultancy
- 2005, ‘Chicks on Bikes’ for Feminist Review.
- 2002, Leonard, D and M Leonard, (eds.), The Pro-European Reader for Political Studies, Vol 50, No 3, August, 614-5
- 2002, Holmes, M, (ed.), The EuroSceptical Reader 2 for Political Studies, Vol 50, No 3, August, 614-5 2013, M Walshaw, Getting Underway with Your Thesis for Palgrave 2014, M Walshaw, Getting Underway with Your Thesis.
Transcript review for Palgrave Television Documentaries
- 2014 – BBC TImeshift – Mods and Rockers and Bank Holiday Mayhem
- 2013 – BBC Timeshift, Full Throttle: The Glory Days of British Motorbikes
- 2005 – Channel 4, The Truth about Hell’s Angels Research
- Eboka, T., McDonald-Walker, S., Sixsmith, J. and Tucker, F. (2015) Cultural violence against the girl-child in northern Nigeria. Paper presented to: Violence: Children, Family & Society Conference 2015, The University of Northampton, 24-26 June 2015. (Unpublished)
- McDonald-Walker, S. (2007) Outcast but cast out. The effects of marginalisation on the British motorcycling community. International Journal of Motorcycle Studies. 1931-275X.