- 1979 BA Joint Hons in Geography and Archaeology, Nottingham University
- 1981 Dip COT, awarded by the College of Occupational Therapists , Derby School
- 2000 MSc in Evidence Based Healthcare, Oxford University
- 2009 ILM Coaching in Workplace
Current study being undertaken and expected date of completion
2010 PhD -Creative Occupations: an exploration of the processes and the potential outcomes. Expected date of completion: 2016
Principal Lecturer responsibilities
- Lead and manage academic staff within the Occupational Therapy subject group
- Manage development and delivery of academic courses within the Occupational Therapy subject group
- Seek and develop knowledge transfer and income generation activity involving the subject area of occupational therapy.
- Field Chair for Occupational Therapy from April 2011
Cross University activity
- Co-opted Member of the Academic Audit and Review Committee
- Panel member on internal validations of awards
- Module Leader for HLSM017- Occupational Therapy and Occupation, Level 7
- Teaching input to a range of undergraduate and post-graduate modules within the Occupational Therapy Subject Group. Main areas of teaching are in the subject areas of occupation, creativity, context of Occupational Therapy Practice, coaching and research. In put to cross school Arts and Health module.
- Dissertation supervision for BSc and MSc awards
- Quality Assurance of awards for HPC and COT
- Maintaining working links with service managers and professional bodies
- Clinical utility of creative activities
- Evidence based healthcare
- Critical Appraisal Skills
- Grounded theory and action research
Special areas of clinical interest (link teachers)
- Creative activities used as a treatment medium
- Mental health
Membership of professional bodies, national committees etc
- Registered with the Health Professions Council
- Member of British Association of Occupational Therapists
- COTED- Council of Occupational Therapy Educators
- ENOTHE on behalf of Occupational Therapy Subject Group
- COT Courses Acreditor
- Member of Kellogg College , Oxford
- Griffiths, S. (2008) Occupational Science and Research Study Day. Workshop presented to: 14th Meeting of European Network of Occupational Therapy in Higher Education (ENOTHE), Berlin, Germany, 25-27 September 2008. (Unpublished)
- Griffiths, S. (2007) The experience of creative activity as a treatment medium – participants’ experiences. Journal of Mental Health. 17(1), pp. 49-63. 0963-8237.
- Hilse, C., Griffiths, S. and Corr, S. (2007) The impact of participating in a poetry workshop. British Journal of Occupational Therapy. 70(10), pp. 431-438. 1477-6006.
- Griffiths, S. and Corr, S. (2007) The use of creative activities with people with mental health problems – a survey of occupational therapists. British Journal of Occupational Therapy. 70(3), pp. 107-114. 1477-6006.