- 1983 Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics &Communications) Delhi College of Engineering, India.
- 1998 MSc, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, U.K.
- 2004 MPhil, University of Buckingham, U.K.
- 2008 CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- 2008 – date PGCTHE (Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching in Higher Education), University of Northampton
- 1985 – 1989 Senior Signal and Telecom Engineer, Indian Railways, India.
- 1992 – 1995 Telecom Engineer, National Telephone Services, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman.
- 1997 – 1998 Research Fellow, Oxford Brookes University.
- 2002 – 2006 Leicester College
- 2000 – 2002 Research Student, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory.
- 2006 – 2006 Northampton College
- 2006 to date University of Northampton
- Member of British Computer Society from 2005
- CSY1017 Computer Communications
- CSY1023 ICT Applications
- CSY2001 Computer Networks
- CSY2027 Group Project
- CSY3021 Network Planning and Programming
- CSY4010 Dissertation module
- Using Problem-based and problem solving approach for teaching and learning computer networks
- Supporting IP multimedia applications on next generation networks
- Mobile Computing
- Dravid, R., Bates, J. and Sinclair, J. M. (2015) Capturing student voice: developing a peer-to-peer forum for student engagement on transnational programmes. Paper presented to: 5th Quacquarelli Symonds Middle East and North Africa Professional Leaders in Education (QS-MAPLE) Conference and Exhibition, Doha, Qatar, 05-07 May 2015. (Unpublished)
- Dravid, R. and Al-Sherbaz, A. (2012) Optimisation of routing protocols for Wireless Mesh Networks (WMNs) to achieve higher quality of service for real time applications. Poster presented to: 3rd Annual Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing India (GHCI), Bangalore, India, 12-14 December 2012. (Unpublished)
- Al-Sherbaz, A. and Dravid, R. (2012) Utilising mobile mesh networks for disaster management. In: Svensson, J. (ed.) Svensson, Jakob Proceedings M4D 2012. New Delhi, India: Karlstad University Studies. 9789170634079. p. 441.
- Al-Sherbaz, A., Dravid, R., Svennevik, E. and Picton, P. (2012) iSurvival: a collaborative mobile network system for disaster management. In: Camarinha-Matos, L. M., Xu, L. and Afsarmanesh, H. (eds.) Camarinha-Matos, Luis M, Xu, Lai and Afsarmanesh, Hamideh Collaborative Networks in the Internet of Services. Bournemouth: Springer. 9783642327742. pp. 318-326.
- Al-Sherbaz, A., Minai, A., Dravid, R. and Xue, J. (2011) An embedded pedagogic model for computer forensics within an undergraduate programme. Workshop presented to: 7th Annual Teaching Computer Forensics Workshop, University of Sunderland, UK, 10 November 2011. (Unpublished)
- Dravid, R. and Duncan, A. (2011) Engineering soft skills development to avoid hard knocks. In: 2011 IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference. New Jersey, USA: IEEE. 9781612846439. pp. 354-357.
- Goodchild, T., Dravid, R. and Turner, S. J. (2011) Mind the gender gap: reflections on addressing gender diversity in Computing and Engineering. Paper presented to: Learning Global – Fourth Learning & Teaching Conference, University of Northampton, 11 May 2011. (Unpublished)
- Zhao, F., Turner, S. J., Dravid, R., Hill, G. and Zhang, Y. (2010) A virtual environment training system for haptic laparoscopic surgery. Paper presented to: 16th International Conference on Automation and Computing, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, 11 September 2010. (Unpublished)
- Duncan, A. and Dravid, R. (2010) Soft skills for scientists: not a soft option: using self-questioning and peer dialogue to support professional and transferable skills development. Paper presented to: University of Northampton Learning and Teaching Conference: Learning Dialogues, University of Northampton, UK, 13 May 2010. (Unpublished)
- Dravid, R. (2009) Context-based teaching – a key to graduate employability for computer network courses. Poster presented to: Transitions: Learning and Teaching Conference, University of Northampton, 13 May 2009. (Unpublished)
- Dravid, R. (2009) Context-based teaching – a key to graduate employability for computer networking courses. In: White, H. (ed.) White, Hazel 10th Annual Conference of the Subject Centre for Information and Computer Sciences. Newtownabbey: Higher Education Academy, Subject Centre for ICS. 9780955967665. p. 159.