Dr Rachel Maxwell is Head of Learning and Teaching Development at the University of Northampton.
Rachel leads on a number of initiatives to support the student experience, including an institution-wide project helping first year students settle into and remain at University. She is also creating a framework of graduate attributes to embed employability skills across our curricula.
Rachel’s work also focuses on developing assessment and feedback practices, promoting academic integrity and supporting staff to introduce teaching innovations into their practice. Rachel previously worked as a Learning Designer as part of an institutional move to blended learning. This work draws on her experience as a lecturer in both Higher and Further Education.
- Maxwell, R. and Armellini, A. (2018) Identity, employability and entrepreneurship: the ChANGE framework of graduate attributes. Higher Education, Skills and Work-Based Learning. 2042-3896.
- Deane, K. D., van Waeyenberge, E. and Maxwell, R. (2017) Recharting the History of Economic Thought: approaches to and student experiences of the introduction of pluralist teaching in an undergraduate economics curriculum. International Journal of Pluralism and Economics Education. 1757-5648. (Accepted)
- Alden Rivers, B., Armellini, A., Maxwell, R., Allen, S. and Durkin, C. (2015) Social innovation education: towards a framework for learning design. Higher Education, Skills and Work-based Learning. 5(4), pp. 383-400. 2042-3896.
- Irwin, W. and Maxwell, R. (2015) When Changemaker and Employability met education. Invited Presentation presented to: 2015 AshokaU Exchange, University of Maryland, 26-28 February 2015. (Unpublished)
- Alden Rivers, B., Armellini, A., Howe, R., Simmons, M., Hendrix, M., Maxwell, R. and Harris, J. (2014) GAMEchanger: a game jam for social innovation education. In: Alden Rivers, B. and Smith, J. (eds.) Changemaker in the Curriculum: The University of Northampton: Case Studies 2013-2014. Northampton: The University of Northampton. pp. 33-34.
- Howe, R. and Maxwell, R. (2014) Learning to surf the (new) quality wave. Seminar Presentation presented to: alt-c2014 Riding Giants: How to Innovate and Educate Ahead of the Wave: The 21st Annual Conference of the Association for Learning Technology, University of Warwick, 01-03 September 2014. (Unpublished)
- Fitzgerald, R. and Maxwell, R. (2013) Designing for online learning. Workshop presented to: Northampton Business School Staff Development Day, The University of Northampton, 13 September 2013. (Unpublished)
- Fitzgerald, R. and Maxwell, R. (2013) Maximising the transnational education experience. Workshop presented to: Internationalisation and the Student Experience 2013, Pedagogic Research Institute and Observatory (PedRIO), Plymouth University, 18 December 2013. (Unpublished)
- Somerfield, K. and Maxwell, R. (2013) Sticky stuff: creating engaging VLE content. Workshop presented to: Blackboard Teaching & Learning Conference, Aston University, Birmingham, 08-10 April 2013. (Unpublished)