- Engineering Design
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Machines and Mechanisms
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Fluid-Structure Interaction (FSI)
- Swirling flow
- Turbomachinery flow
- Development of CFD simulation tools
- Large Eddy Simulation (LES)
- Engine Combustion
- Multi-objective Optimizations
- Research Associate (January 2015 – December 2016), Rolls-Royce UTC, Dept. of Aero and Auto, Loughborough University, UK. Investigating LES and RANS compressible simulation of Swirled multi-pass Injector
- Research Associate (August 2013 – January 2015), Vibration University Technology Centre, Imperial College London, UK. Investigating CFD analysis and software development for flutter computation of Rolls Royce Trent XWB IP compressor.
- Research Associate (July 2012 – August 2013), Applied Aerodynamics, Mech. and Aero. Dept., University of Strathclyde, UK. Investigating Eulerian-Lagrangian CFD modelling of downburst process and FSI interaction using OpenFOAM.
- PhD Research Scholar (September 2007 – April 2012), Thermo-fluids and Acoustics Centre, University of Hull, UK. Investigating Large Eddy Simulation of acoustic pulse propagation and turbulent flow interaction in expansion mufflers using OpenFOAM.
- Project Engineer (July 2006- August 2007), CFD Division, Scientific Engineering Computing Group, CDAC Pune (India).
- Engineer (July 2006- August 2006), Compressor and Condenser Dept., Subros (Suzuki) Ltd (India).
- Al-Jelawy, H., Kaczmarczyk, S., Cross, M., Lewis, R., Singh, N. and Alkhafaji, D. (2018) Computational analysis of the fluid-structure interaction occurring in a model of two vehicles overtaking each other. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. 1106(1) 1742-6588.
- Singh, N., Kaczmarczyk, S. and Ehrl, T. (2017) An analysis of airflow effects in lift systems. Lift and Escalator Symposium. 7, 24/1-24/6. 2052-7225.
- Singh, NK., Rubini, P.A. “Large Eddy Simulation of acoustic pulse propagation and turbulent flow interaction in expansion mufflers” Journal of Applied Acoustics, 98, pp 6-19 (2015)
- Singh NK, Page GJ. “Fuel injector acoustic and thermo-acoustic response using PRECISE”, Rolls Royce Report LU-2016.
- Singh, NK, Vahdati, M. “Flutter Analysis of Embedded Full Assembly Rotor” Rolls Royce Report IC-2015.
- Singh, NK., Haines, M. “The simulation of non-synoptic effects with applications to wind loading using CFD” Proceeding of European-African Conference on Wind Engineering, 2013, Cambridge, UK.
- Jesson M, Singh NK … “Numerical and Physical Simulation of a Thunderstorm Downburst” Proceeding of Eighth Asia-pacific conference on Wind Engineering, Chennai, Dec 2013.
- Singh NK, “Computational Fluid Dynamics: A novel way to process fluid flow problem” International conference ICATEM, IIT Kharagpur, India 2004.