In addition to a BSc in Statistics and Computer Science, MSc and PhD in Computer Science, Dr Muawya Eldaw is an Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy. He has extensive experience in software development, in IT and in teaching. Moreover, he has robust skills in a number of programming languages such as Java, Python, R, and a range of other software, which include Operating Systems and database software from leading software makers such as Microsoft, IBM and Oracle.
Muawya has been teaching both undergraduate and postgraduate computer science students at Northampton and at Birkbeck, University of London. Earlier in his career, he was a software engineer (database development) in the oil and gas, and in the insurance industries developing databases solutions for clients such as Shell.
- CSY1060 – Mathematics for Computer Science
- CSY2043 – Website Design
- CSYM019 – Internet Programming
- I am accepting new PhD candidates who are interested in applied AI and data science research.
Muawya is an active researcher. His research interest covers a wide area of Computer Sciences. His recent research is in the area of data analytics where he has a growing research profile in the area of Human Presence Analytics.
For further information about his current research and list of publications, please see his profile on Google Scholar.
For publications, projects, datasets, research interests and activities, view Muawya Eldaw’s research profile on Pure, the University of Northampton’s Research Explorer.
- Eldaw, Muawya Habib Sarnoub, Mark Levene, and George Roussos. “Collective suffix tree-based models for location prediction.” In Proceedings of the 2013 ACM conference on Pervasive and ubiquitous computing adjunct publication, pp. 441-450. ACM, Zurich, 2013, Zurich, Switzerland.
- Eldaw, Muawya Habib Sarnoub, Mark Levene, and George Roussos. “Poster: Constructing a Unique Profile for Mobile User Identification in Location Recommendation Systems.” In Proceedings of the 13th Annual International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services, pp. 479-479. ACM, 2015, Florence, Italy.
- Eldaw, Muawya H. Sarnoub, Mark Levene, and George Roussos. “Presence analytics: Discovering meaningful patterns about human presence using wlan digital imprints.” In Proceedings of the International Conference on Internet of things and Cloud Computing, p. 53. ACM, 2016, Cambridge, UK.
- Eldaw, Habib Sarnoub, Mark Levene, and George Roussos. “Presence analytics: density- based social clustering for mobile users.” In ICETE 2016: Proceedings of the 13th International Joint Conference on e-Business and Telecommunications table of contents, pp. 52-62. SCITEPRESS-Science and Technology Publications, Lda, 2016, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Eldaw, Muawya Habib Sarnoub, Mark Levene, and George Roussos. “Social-DBSCAN: A Presence Analytics Approach for Mobile Users’ Social Clustering.” In International Conference on E-Business and Telecommunications, pp. 381-400. Springer, 2016.
- Eldaw, Muawya H. Sarnoub, Mark Levene, and George Roussos. “Presence analytics: Detecting classroom-based social patterns using WLAN traces.” In 2017 Intelligent Systems Conference (IntelliSys), pp. 346-353. IEEE, 2017, London, UK.
- Eldaw, Muawya Habib Sarnoub, Mark Levene, and George Roussos. “Presence analytics: making sense of human social presence within a learning environment.” In 2018 IEEE/ACM 5th International Conference on Big Data Computing Applications and Technologies (BDCAT), pp. 174-183. IEEE, 2018, Zurich, Switzerland.