Julie Jones’ experience in Education is as a primary school teacher and Advisory Teacher for Primary English with the Northamptonshire Local Authority and then a Senior Lecturer at the University of Northampton teaching and leading on programmes within the area of Education, Children and Young People.
She has an Upper Second degree in Economics, a PGCE (Primary) and Masters with Distinction in Education. She is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Julie is Subject Leader for:
- Foundation Degree in Learning and Teaching
- BA (Hons) Learning and Teaching
- BA (Hons) Education Studies
- BA(Hons) Childhood & Youth
The Subject Area also encompasses the Regional Management of the Higher Level Teaching Assistant Status.
Julie’s main areas of research are:
- the professional development, motivation deployment and impact of teaching assistants, including their impact in the context of Changemaker values
- group work dynamics and assessment of students’ group work