Jean Edwards studied History at University College North Wales, Bangor, attaining a 2:1. She went on to gain a PGCE from the University of Leicester and working in primary and lower schools for nineteen years.
During this time she focused on art education, often leading and contributing to curriculum development and training for staff both locally and nationally. She also studied for an MA at the University of Leicester, investigating the role and status of the primary art co-ordinator in Northamptonshire.
She was headteacher of lower school in Bedford from 1998 to 2004, joining the University of Northampton in April 2004.
Foundation Degree learning and teaching (FDLT):
- PDT 1063 Subject based studies in learning and teaching 1: English and Maths. (Module leader)
- PDT 1064 Enriching the curriculum 1: within the school.
- PDT 1050 Work based practice 1
- PDT 1004 Professional Studies in learning and Teaching
- PDT 2015 Subject based studies in learning and teaching 2: English and Maths.
- PDT 2016 Enriching the curriculum 2: beyond the school. (Module leader)
- PDT 2014 Work based practice 2
BA Learning and Teaching (BALT):
- PDT 3003 Educational debates in Learning and teaching (module leader)
- PDT 3004 Research Methods in Education
- PDT 4001 Dissertation
Jean’s main area of interest is use of sketchbooks as a vehicle for developing art subject knowledge with adults. She is also researching the use of digital technology in assessment in Higher Education.
- Edwards, J. (2017) Crossing boundaries through digital learning. AD Magazine. (20), pp. 16-17. 2046-3138.
- Jones, J. and Edwards, J. (2014) Changemaker values within the Foundation Degree Learning and Teaching and the development of a Teaching Assistant Teachmeet Event. In: Alden Rivers, B. and Smith, J. (eds.) Changemaker in the Curriculum: The University of Northampton: Case Studies 2013-2014. Northampton: The University of Northampton. pp. 49-54.
- Edwards, J. (2014) Inspired by digital. AD Magazine. (11), pp. 24-25. 2046-3138.
- Edwards, J. (2013) Teaching Primary Art. Harlow: Pearson. 9781405899413.
Edwards, J. and Hand, G. (2013) Woodlands – Close Encounters. Springboard Stories Magazine. Issue 11. Pp28-29.
Edwards, J (2009) Who is teaching primary art? A’N’D The NSEAD Magazine. Iss 13.
Edwards, J. (2007) Making a link with your local gallery. A’N’D The NSEAD Magazine. Iss 22.
Edwards, J. (2006) Becoming a Higher Level teaching Assistant: Primary English. Exeter: Learning Matters.
Edwards, J. and Gardner, I. (1998) Maths Assessment KS1. Leamington Spa: Scholastic.
Gardner, I. and Edwards, J. (1998) Maths Assessment KS1. Leamington Spa: Scholastic.