Hannah is an Academic Librarian working with the School of Education. She is based at Park Library.
Key responsibilities include:
- delivering integrated teaching and learning programmes in information and IT skills for students and academic staff
- day-to-day management of the materials budget for the School of Education
- building collections in support of learning, teaching and research activities of the School of Education
- liaising both formally (via School and Course Boards) and informally with staff of the School of Education on learning support issues
- promoting departmental services to students and staff
- representing the department proactively in institutional meetings and liaising as appropriate with other departments on learning support issues
Hannah has worked in Librarianship and Information Management in Higher Education for six years. She started her professional career as a Trainee Liaison Librarian at the University of Reading, before joining the library team at the University of Northampton. She has a BA (Hons) in Education Studies from Lancaster University and an MA in Librarianship from the University of Sheffield. Hannah has completed the Post Graduate Certificate in Teaching in Higher Education (PGCTHE) through the School of Education whilst working at the University of Northampton. In 2011 she was awarded a University Teaching Fellowship.
Hannah’s research interests include reading lists as a pedagogical tool for developing information skills amongst undergraduate students. She has recently won the Library and Information Research Group (LIRG) award with my colleague Gillian Siddall to fund our research in this area.