Dr Hala Mansour is an Associate Professor in Human Resource Management and Organisational Behaviour; Deputy Leader Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) Programme at Faculty of Business and Law, the University of Northampton.
Hala received a PhD in Management, MA in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education from Keele University. From 2007, Dr Mansour has held, also, research and teaching commitments at Keele University. Her research focuses on Organisational Effectiveness, Organisational Culture, Organisational Change, Human Resource Management, Managerialism and New Public Management. Hala also interested in publishing pedagogic research in Assessment and Feedback in Higher Education.
Hala has played a significant role in developing and contributing to the research culture in Faculty of Business and Law through the development of a number of successful research conferences and seminars. Her work has been published in Journal of Change Management and The International Journal of Management Education.
Hala’s work has been funded by both Higher Education Academy and the Leadership Foundation for Higher Education. Hala’s most recent work explores different stakeholders’ perspectives to Change and Leadership in Higher Education.
Dr Mansour won a prestigious award which is Keele University Excellence Award in Teaching and Learning 2014. Dr Mansour has a robust focus on Teaching and Learning with Technology in Higher Education, namely, the ‘Digital Natives Perspective’. Hala is teaching in the DBA Programme to students in Dubai, Singapore, Myanmar and UK. Dr Mansour is interested in a broad range of managerial issues which are encountered in organisational workplaces.
- PhD in Management, October 2012, Keele University, UK
- MA in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, October 2013, Keele University, UK, 2013
- Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning with Technology, 2013, Keele University, UK
- Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, December 2010, Keele University, UK, 2010
- M.Sc. in Organizational Behaviour and Human Resource Management, July 2003, Faculty of Commerce, Cairo University, Egypt
- BA Hons Business Administration (The Highest Marks), September 1995, Faculty of Commerce, Cairo University, Egypt
- The Winner of Keele Excellence Award in Teaching and Learning, Keele University, May 2014 http://www.keele.ac.uk/lpdc/learningteaching/keeleexcellenceawards/
- Nominated for Keele Excellence Award in Teaching and Learning, 2013 and 2014, Keele Management School, Keele University http://www.keele.ac.uk/lpdc/learningteaching/keeleexcellenceawards/
- Nominated for Student Led Teaching Award, Instant Impact in Teaching and Learning, Keele University, 2013 and 2014 http://keelesu.com/activities/keelesuawards/slta/
- The First Postgraduate Award in HRM from Faculty of Commerce, Cairo University, 2003-2005
- The First Graduate Award in Business and Management, Cairo University, 1995
- The First Undergraduate Award in Business and Management from Faculty of Commerce, Cairo University (1991 - 1995)
University of Northampton, Faculty of Business and Law (2014-present)
Dr Mansour is the Module Leader for the Principles of Research module (GRA8016) on the DBA and also is the Module Leader for the Strategic Leadership module of the MBA.
Keele University (2008 - 2014)
Dr Mansour taught and led different modules at Keele University since 2008. This included:
- lecturing and facilitating tutorials
- course development
- leading module assessment
- preparation of material for lectures/tutorials
- coordinating group work
- student support and engagement
- writing exam papers and assignments
- marking and providing individual and group feedback
Modules and programmes included:
- Management in Context, Keele Management School, Level One Undergraduate
- Organizational Behaviour, Keele Management School, Level Two undergraduate
- Introduction to Business and Management, Foundation Year
- Human Resource Management, Keele Management School, Level Three Undergraduate.
- Employment Lifecycle, Foundation Year
- Lead supervisor, ‘Managing organisational culture in merged General Further Education Colleges in England: A Case Study’, Ali Hadawi, University of Northampton.
Contribution to the Discipline
- Working in collecting the material for Bell E and Willmott E (Eds.). 2014. Major Works in Qualitative Research in Business and Management. Sage.
Journal Editorial and Review Roles
- A reviewer for International Journal of Management Education. A member of the Editorial Board for Journal of Academic Development and Education
Conference Coordinator and Main Convenior
- Main Convenor and stream organiser for ‘Time, Changes and Leadership’ The 10th International Critical Management Conference – CMS 2017, Edge Hill University, Ormskirk, Liverpool, UK, 3-5 July 2017.
- Conference Coordinator to the 19th annual Dilemmas for Human Services International Research Conference, 12-14th September 2016. The University of Northampton, https://www.northampton.ac.uk/events/19th-annual-dilemmas-for-human-services-international-research-conference
- Organiser and coordinator of the Organisational Studies Network (OSN) Seminar in 9th June, Northampton Business School, University of Northampton.
- Member of the Organising Committee of Inaugural Northampton Business School Research Conference, ‘Joining the Conversation: Research at NBS ‘, 18th June, 2015, June 2016.
- Member of the Organising Committee and session facilitator , ‘Sharing Best Practices Seminar’, Keele University, January, 2014 #keelesgp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJhZa05EwiQ#t=245 http://lpdcsolutions.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/sharing%20good%20practice
Plenary Talks and Online Keynote
- Keynote Speaker in Excellence and Change Conference, University of Kent. 12th January 2017
- Keynote Speaker in Twitter chat about ‘Change, Leadership and Pedagogic Research,@LTHEchat,https://lthechat.com/2017/01/16/lthechat-73-change-leadership-and-pedagogic-research/
- Keynote in online Twitter chat about Reflective Writing with @LTHECHAT community on Twitter http://lthechat.com/2015/10/18/lthechat-33-with-dr-hala-mansour-halamansour-on-reflective-writing-spaces-students-engagement-and-challenges/ and the Storify is here https://storify.com/LTHEchat/lthechat-33-reflective-writing-spaces
Professional and Academic Membership
- Member of the Research and Enterprise Committee, Faculty of Business and
Law, University of Northampton
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, 2010
- Member CMI
- Member of the British Academy of Management (BAM)
- Academic Fellow in CIPD (in process)
- Rajasinghe, D. and Mansour, H. F. (2018) Coaching as an entrepreneurship learning and development tool. In: Mulhollad, G. and Turner, J. (eds.) Enterprise Education in UK Higher Education: Theory Policy and Practice. Abingdon: Taylor and Francis. (Accepted)
- Mansour, H. F. (2015) Enhancing first year management students’ engagement: an action research project to explore the use of the Essay Feedback Checklist (EFC). International Journal of Management Education. 13(3), pp. 218-226. 1472-8117.
- Mansour, H. F., Heath, G. and Brannan, M. J. (2015) Exploring the role of HR practitioners in pursuit of organizational effectiveness in higher education institutions. Journal of Change Management. 15(3), pp. 210-230. 1469-7017.
- Mansour, H. F. (2015) Human Resource practitioners as change agents: Neoliberalism and the shift in power in the UK Higher Education. Paper presented to: 9th International Conference in Critical Management Studies: Is there an Alternative? Management after Critique, University of Leicester, 08-10 July 2015. (Unpublished)
- Mansour, H. F. and Brannan, M. J. (2014) Organizational culture and human resource management reform: evidence from the UK higher educational institutions. Paper presented to: 17th Annual Dilemmas for Human Services International Research Conference, London, 10-12 September 2014. (Unpublished)