- Allehyani, B., Burnapp, D. and Wilson, J. M. (2017) A comparison of teaching materials (school textbooks vs authentic materials) from the perspective of English teachers and educational supervisors in Saudi Arabia. International Journal of English Language and Linguistics Research. 5(2), pp. 1-14. 2053-6305.
- Burnapp, D. (2011) Educators in universities need to be researchers rather than priests of cargo cults. Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education. 3, pp. 1-7. 1759-667X.
- Feng, Y. and Burnapp, D. (2011) Learning and international setting: Chinese academics learning experiences. In: Schröttner, B. and Hofer, C. (eds.) Looking at Learning = Blicke auf das Lernen. Munster: Waxmann.
- Burnapp, D. and Zhao, W. (2011) The experiences of Chinese students entering top-up courses: comparing students from UK-style HND courses and students from Chinese diploma courses. International Journal of Management Education. 9(3), pp. 91-99. 1472-8117.
- Burnapp, D., Zhao, W., Boteju, D., Jament, J., Feng, Y., Li, S., Powis, C., Klimes, C. and Mallam-Hassam, Y. (2011) The strategic implications of different forms of international collaboration in Higher Education. Northampton: University of Northampton.
- Burnapp, D., Zhao, W., Boteju, D., Jament, J., Feng, Y., Li, S., Powis, C., Klimes, C. and Mallam-Hassam, Y. (2011) The strategic implications of different forms of international collaboration in Higher Education: Case studies. Northampton: University of Northampton.
- Burnapp, D. and Zhao, W. (2010) Authenticity or mimicry? The nature and stages of student transitions during transnational educational programmes and subsequent progression courses. Paper presented to: Higher Education Academy Annual Conference 2010, University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield, 22-23 June 2010. (Unpublished)
- Burnapp, D., Yan, Z., Ahmedmia, O., He, S. and Zhao, W. (2010) Collaborative capacity building: a case study of the development of an on-line module concerning employability and entrepreneurship. Paper presented to: International Association for Development of the Information Society (IADIS) International Conference on International Higher Education, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Australia, 29 November - 01 December 2010. (Unpublished)
- Burnapp, D. (2010) Elephants in the parlour. Paper presented to: Going Global 4 British Council Conference, Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre, London, 24-26 March 2010. (Unpublished)
- Burnapp, D. (2010) Improve your CPD skills: enhancing the international student experience. Workshop presented to: UK International Student Experience 2nd Annual Conference: Maintaining a Rise in International Students, Cavendish Conference Centre, London, 04 February 2010. (Unpublished)
- Feng, Y., Burnapp, D., Shen, G. and Zging, L. L. (2010) International collaborations in higher education and motivational change for professional development: Chinese academics' perspective. Paper presented to: European Conference on Educational Research (ECER) 2010: Education and Cultural Change, Helsinki, Finland, 23-27 August 2010. (Unpublished)
- Feng, Y., Burnapp, D. and Yang, J. D. (2010) The impact of international collaborations on English as a Foreign Language (EFL) teachers' professional development in higher education: Chinese academics' perspective. Paper presented to: Postgraduate Research Degree Student & Early Career Researcher Conference, University of Northampton, 01 July 2010. (Unpublished)
- Feng, Y., Burnapp, D. and Li, S. X. (2010) Vision and action: a case study of the impact of international collaborations in higher education on staff professional development in China. Paper presented to: British Educational Research Association (BERA) Annual Conference, University of Warwick, Warwick, 01 - 04 September 2010. (Unpublished)
- Burnapp, D. and Dickens, A. (2009) Easing the transition: staff development for improving the experience of international students in UK HE. Seminar Presentation presented to: University of Northampton Learning and Teaching Conference, Sunley Management Centre, Park Campus, Northampton, 13 May 2009. (Unpublished)
- Burnapp, D. (2009) Getting Ahead as an International Student. Maidenhead: McGraw Hill/Open University Press. 9780335234523 (hbk.) 9780335234530 (pbk.).
- Burnapp, D., Dickens, A. and Borthwick, K. (2009) Supporting International Students in UK Higher Education. Southampton: Subject Centre for Languages, Linguistics and Area Studies, University of Southampton. 9781905788866.
- Burnapp, D. (2009) Transition and tensions: getting a project off the ground. Assessment, Learning & Teaching Journal. 5(Spring), pp. 3-4. 1756-8781.
- Burnapp, D. and Zhao, W. (2009) Voices from the chat rooms: research into the experiences of Chinese students participating in transnational education programmes as reported on internet social networks. Enhancing the Learner Experience in Higher Education. 1(1), pp. 30-43. 1234-1234.
- Burnapp, D. (2008) Supporting international students. Paper presented to: Higher Education Academy Annual Conference 2008, Harrogate International Centre, 1-3 July 2008. (Unpublished)
- Burnapp, D. and Feng, Y. (2007) Digital third space: the use of internet resources for study and living by students from China in UK universities. Paper presented to: 5th International Conference on ELT (English Language Teaching) in China & the 1st Congress of Chinese Applied Linguistics, Beijing, People's Republic of China, 16-21 May 2007. (Unpublished)
- Burnapp, D. (2007) Going beyond the how to understanding the why: investigating the epistemological link between University discourse communities' definitions of learning and language practices. Paper presented to: Conference of Comparison of Education Systems Between East Asia and Europe, Shaoxing University, ZheJiang Province, People's Republic of China, 8-10 May 2007. (Unpublished)
- Burnapp, D. (2007) Not just English for academic purposes but also epistemologically appropriate practice. Higher Education Academy.
- Burnapp, D. (2007) Survey of employer attitudes to international students and graduates. Unpublished report to East Midlands Development Agency compiled by The University of Northampton, Northampton (Unpublished)