- Burnapp, D. (2011) Educators in universities need to be researchers rather than priests of cargo cults. Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education. 3, pp. 1-7. 1759-667X.
- Feng, Y. and Burnapp, D. (2011) Learning and international setting: Chinese academics learning experiences. In: Schröttner, B. and Hofer, C. (eds.) Looking at Learning = Blicke auf das Lernen. Munster: Waxmann.
- Burnapp, D. and Zhao, W. (2011) The experiences of Chinese students entering top-up courses: comparing students from UK-style HND courses and students from Chinese diploma courses. International Journal of Management Education. 9(3), pp. 91-99. 1472-8117.
- Burnapp, D., Zhao, W., Boteju, D., Jament, J., Feng, Y., Li, S., Powis, C., Klimes, C. and Mallam-Hassam, Y. (2011) The strategic implications of different forms of international collaboration in Higher Education. Northampton: University of Northampton.
- Burnapp, D., Zhao, W., Boteju, D., Jament, J., Feng, Y., Li, S., Powis, C., Klimes, C. and Mallam-Hassam, Y. (2011) The strategic implications of different forms of international collaboration in Higher Education: Case studies. Northampton: University of Northampton.
- Burnapp, D. and Zhao, W. (2010) Authenticity or mimicry? The nature and stages of student transitions during transnational educational programmes and subsequent progression courses. Paper presented to: Higher Education Academy Annual Conference 2010, University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield, 22-23 June 2010. (Unpublished)
- Burnapp, D., Yan, Z., Ahmedmia, O., He, S. and Zhao, W. (2010) Collaborative capacity building: a case study of the development of an on-line module concerning employability and entrepreneurship. Paper presented to: International Association for Development of the Information Society (IADIS) International Conference on International Higher Education, Curtin University of Technology, Perth, Australia, 29 November - 01 December 2010. (Unpublished)
- Burnapp, D. (2010) Elephants in the parlour. Paper presented to: Going Global 4 British Council Conference, Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre, London, 24-26 March 2010. (Unpublished)
- Burnapp, D. (2010) Improve your CPD skills: enhancing the international student experience. Workshop presented to: UK International Student Experience 2nd Annual Conference: Maintaining a Rise in International Students, Cavendish Conference Centre, London, 04 February 2010. (Unpublished)
- Feng, Y., Burnapp, D., Shen, G. and Zging, L. L. (2010) International collaborations in higher education and motivational change for professional development: Chinese academics' perspective. Paper presented to: European Conference on Educational Research (ECER) 2010: Education and Cultural Change, Helsinki, Finland, 23-27 August 2010. (Unpublished)
- Feng, Y., Burnapp, D. and Yang, J. D. (2010) The impact of international collaborations on English as a Foreign Language (EFL) teachers' professional development in higher education: Chinese academics' perspective. Paper presented to: Postgraduate Research Degree Student & Early Career Researcher Conference, University of Northampton, 01 July 2010. (Unpublished)
- Feng, Y., Burnapp, D. and Li, S. X. (2010) Vision and action: a case study of the impact of international collaborations in higher education on staff professional development in China. Paper presented to: British Educational Research Association (BERA) Annual Conference, University of Warwick, Warwick, 01 - 04 September 2010. (Unpublished)
- Burnapp, D. and Dickens, A. (2009) Easing the transition: staff development for improving the experience of international students in UK HE. Seminar Presentation presented to: University of Northampton Learning and Teaching Conference, Sunley Management Centre, Park Campus, Northampton, 13 May 2009. (Unpublished)
- Burnapp, D. (2009) Getting Ahead as an International Student. Maidenhead: McGraw Hill/Open University Press. 9780335234523 (hbk.) 9780335234530 (pbk.).
- Burnapp, D., Dickens, A. and Borthwick, K. (2009) Supporting International Students in UK Higher Education. Southampton: Subject Centre for Languages, Linguistics and Area Studies, University of Southampton. 9781905788866.
- Burnapp, D. (2009) Transition and tensions: getting a project off the ground. Assessment, Learning & Teaching Journal. 5(Spring), pp. 3-4. 1756-8781.
- Burnapp, D. and Zhao, W. (2009) Voices from the chat rooms: research into the experiences of Chinese students participating in transnational education programmes as reported on internet social networks. Enhancing the Learner Experience in Higher Education. 1(1), pp. 30-43. 1234-1234.
- Burnapp, D. (2008) Supporting international students. Paper presented to: Higher Education Academy Annual Conference 2008, Harrogate International Centre, 1-3 July 2008. (Unpublished)
- Burnapp, D. and Feng, Y. (2007) Digital third space: the use of internet resources for study and living by students from China in UK universities. Paper presented to: 5th International Conference on ELT (English Language Teaching) in China & the 1st Congress of Chinese Applied Linguistics, Beijing, People's Republic of China, 16-21 May 2007. (Unpublished)
- Burnapp, D. (2007) Going beyond the how to understanding the why: investigating the epistemological link between University discourse communities' definitions of learning and language practices. Paper presented to: Conference of Comparison of Education Systems Between East Asia and Europe, Shaoxing University, ZheJiang Province, People's Republic of China, 8-10 May 2007. (Unpublished)
- Burnapp, D. (2007) Not just English for academic purposes but also epistemologically appropriate practice. Higher Education Academy.
- Burnapp, D. (2007) Survey of employer attitudes to international students and graduates. Unpublished report to East Midlands Development Agency compiled by The University of Northampton, Northampton (Unpublished)