During his years in teaching, Antony has worked in a wide range of educational institutions both at secondary and tertiary levels.
Antony’s main overseas experience was in Japan and China; in the former, he taught in the Foreign Ministry’s Foreign Language Training Centre, while in the latter, among other things, he worked with Chinese colleagues on teacher training courses.
In the UK, Antony has worked in Further Education running courses for overseas doctors seeking employment here.
At the University of Northampton Antony teaches four modules:
- “English for Academic Purposes” on the International Foundation Program;
- the module focuses on improving students’ writing skills in an academic context
- LEI3010: “Advanced English for Business”, designed for students who want to develop their skills in English for business.
- LEI2010: “Critical Reading for Business”, aimed at developing students’ skills in critical thinking and in writing literature reviews and dissertations.
- LEI3006: “Business Communication”, in which students develop a range of skills, written and oral, relevant to working in a business environment.