Credit Unions are social enterprise mutual financial organisations set up by members to benefit their community. The Changemaker Credit Union is a joint initiative between the University of Northampton and Northamptonshire Credit Union (NCU). It provides innovative financial services package to all students and staff of the university.
If you become a Changemaker Credit Union member you will be supporting a local and ethical savings and loan scheme that is owned and managed by students for all members. To become a member of the Changemaker Credit Union, you need to be a student, an alumni or a member of staff of the University of Northampton. If you do not meet these requirements, you can still join the Credit Union as a member of our parent company the Northamptonshire Credit Union.
What are the benefits?
Below are some of the benefits of becoming a member of the Changemaker Credit Union:
- a safe and secure way of saving and borrowing
- easy access to affordable loans with low interest rate
- flexible savings from as little as £1 a week or £5 per month
- flexible savings schemes to help you plan for special occasions and day to day expenditure
- you can partake in our yearly elections where you can nominate yourself or others for varying roles
- professional and friendly team that are committed to ensuring confidentiality and data protection
How do I join?
To join the Changemaker Credit Union, please email email@example.com or call 01604 893642.
You will be required to provide two forms of identification e.g. passport or driving licence, utility bill or bank statement alongside your National Insurance number. A £2 one-off membership fee is payable to activate your account and is payable at the time of joining.