Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Testing for Nursing Associates
We provide testing for Nursing Associates trained outside of England seeking registration with the NMC. This currently consists of two aptitude tests, one for those who have qualified as a nursing associate within the EU/EEA – the Nursing Associate EU Aptitude Test – and those who have qualified in all other countries outside of the EU/EAA – the Nursing Associate Overseas Aptitude Test. We have a designated test centre at our Innovation Centre, located directly opposite Northampton Train Station.
To understand our processes, please refer to the candidate journey document that is available to download.
We are aware that some organisations and consultancies are offering OSCE preparation training sessions for candidates for Part two of the Test of Competence. Please be aware that by attending these courses you do so at your own discretion. These training sessions are not endorsed or approved by either the University of Northampton or the NMC and could prepare you inaccurately for the exam.
We have developed a downloadable guide book to help you prepare for your exam. Please find support information below.
We’ll review the guidance document regularly, so candidates need to check NILE regularly to make sure they are using the latest version.
Bookings can be made by emailing NA@northampton.ac.uk.
Trust enquiries can be made by emailing Trustbookings@northampton.ac.uk.
Test Centre location
The purpose built Test Centre is located at:
The University of Northampton Innovation Centre
- NA Trust & Agencies Candidate Journey Process Map
- NA OSCE Assessment Candidate Briefing
- NA Candidate Complaint Guide & Form
- NA Associate OSCE Complaints Process Map
- Confidentiality Agreement and Declaration
- NA Refund & Cancellation Policy
- Nursing Associate Candidate Information Booklet EU
- Nursing Associate Candidate Information Booklet Overseas
- NA Mock Scenario
- OSCE Top Tips
- NA Overseas OSCE Support Materials
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.