Healthwatch Northamptonshire is here to help you get the best out of health and care services across the county. It gathers and represents the views of the public to make sure they are taken into account by the decision makers. The organisation plays a big role at both national and local level. It provides information on local health and social care services and offers advice to people as to where to get the right support suitable for their health and care needs.
Commissioned by Northamptonshire County Council, Healthwatch Northamptonshire is run by a social enterprise called Connected Together CIC with the support of the University of Northampton and Voluntary Impact Northamptonshire.
Healthwatch Northamptonshire aims to:
- provide information and advice about health and social care services
- monitor health and social care services
- promote and support the involvement of local people in decision making about health and social care services
- be a powerful voice for local people to influence how services are planned, organised and delivered
- report on the quality of local care services and make recommendations about how these services could and should be improved
- be an effective voice rooted in the community finding out what local people think about health and social care
- research patient, user and carer views and experiences so that the community is effectively represented
- report findings of local views and experiences to local health and social care decision makers
- provide Healthwatch England with the intelligence and insight it needs to form a national picture of the quality of care
Some highlights from 2016/2017 for Healthwatch Northamptonshire include:
- we’ve spoken to over 2,000 young people about eating disorders
- our reports have tackled issues like homelessness and maternity services
- we’ve visited local hospitals, care homes and day centres
Healthwatch Northamptonshire also offers volunteering opportunities, from Enter and View visits to choosing our priorities. We want to make sure that young people’s voices are heard. We are looking for young people in Northamptonshire between 11 to 24 years old who are keen to make a difference in health and social care and are interested in young people’s rights and wellbeing. If you want to get involved, or find out more about what we do, please visit the Healthwatch Northamptonshire website.
Our brand new £330 million campus.
- Designed to adapt to 21st century teaching.
- Full range of integrated learning environments.
- 24/7 library and learning zone.
- Low environmental impact.