The Changemaker Hub can provide a range of services to employers to help them promote their company and recruit students and graduates into opportunities. By recruiting through the university’s in-house recruitment consultancy, Unitemps, employers can reach both graduates and over 14,000 students studying a diverse range of subjects.
Unitemps specialises in part-time and temporary work for students and graduates. Their online system means they are able to operate quickly to provide reliable solutions to your business demands.
- a place to advertise paid graduate vacancies, part-time and vacation jobs
- flexible recruitment solutions as our candidate pool is available during office and unsociable hours
- consultants who don’t work on commission; therefore supporting the university by reinvesting any surplus for future student support
- enhancing student’s employability prospects by developing their skills and experience
- providing staffing solutions for Northamptonshire and Milton Keynes alongside a UK wide network
- targeted email services to finalists or those with a specific degree discipline
- on-campus interview rooms
The Changemaker Hub provides students and graduates with opportunities to develop strong skills and experience for the workplace through partnerships with local and national employers. Additional services offered by the Changemaker Hub include:
- a place to advertise internships, placements, voluntary and work experience opportunities
- the opportunity to exhibit at one of our free recruitment events including graduate fairs, employability fairs and subject specific fairs
- the opportunity to engage with students at ‘Employer Spotlight’ events, flexible events that can be tailored to your recruitment needs
- access to our graduates through the Alumni Association
NBS centre for enterprise and employability – information for prospective employers
The NBS Centre for Enterprise and Employability promotes a wide range of activities to help students enhance their employability.
Employability is a set of attributes, skills and knowledge that all labour market participants should possess to ensure they have the capability of being effective in the workplace – to the benefit of themselves, their employer and the wider economy (CBI and NUS, 2011).
Effective engagement with employers is of particular importance to Northampton Business School and our students. It is through the interaction with employers that students are able to develop their work based skills, gain knowledge and become ready for the world of work.
It’s not just the students who benefit from this collaboration. As an employer you will be tapping into a pool of enthusiastic, energetic people who are passionate about their subject area and will form tomorrow’s workforce.
There are plenty of ways local businesses and business leaders can engage with the University of Northampton’s Business School, including:
- be a visiting lecturer
- be an interviewer in a mock interview
- be a host organisation for a student visit
- be a provider of work experience opportunities
- be an employer of students as part time employees
- be a provider of a short summer placement
- be a provider of a 12 month, full time placement
If you would like to get involved or find out more email Claire Corkram.