Faculty Student Experience Committee Terms of reference 2016-17
On behalf of Student Experience Committee, at Faculty level:
1. To enhance the student experience and learning opportunities for all students registered to the Faculty, both on and offsite, by responding to assurance process outcomes, e.g. student surveys, the views of the student representatives etc.
2. To monitor, review and develop the arrangements for student support both academic and pastoral which is provided by the Faculty and ensure this aligns with centrally provided services.
3. To promote effective practice in learning, teaching and assessment, including feedback to students and student academic support in order to enhance the student experience.
4. To review the outcomes of the National Student Survey, other feedback from students and business intelligence data and ensure issues are addressed and responses published.
5. To ensure new and substantive revisions to University regulations and academic policies are implemented across the Faculty and that staff are regularly updated in relation to changes.
6. To monitor and review the Faculty’s strategy and activities in relation to Access and Achievement and performance against the Access Agreement.
7. To monitor and review the curriculum delivered by the Faculty to ensure that the University’s strategic objectives are met e.g. internationalisation, (graduate) employability.
8. To ensure that the Faculty is compliant in relation to its legal responsibilities including the embedding of current Equality and Diversity policies.
9. To report to the University Student Experience Committee on activity undertaken, to promote good practice and raise issues which require attention both within the Faculty and across the University.
Chair (Dean or Deputy Dean)
Faculty Head of Partnerships (or equivalent)
Representative of Education with Others organisation
Representative of Library and Learning Services
Representative of Centre for Employability and Engagement
Representative of Learning Technology and Media Support
Representative of Business Information/Management Information