University Management Team
How we are managed
The University Management Team (UMT) meets fortnightly and considers matters relating to the strategic oversight of the University. The current members of UMT are:
- Professor Nick Petford DSc, Vice Chancellor (Chair)
- Terry Neville OBE, Chief Operating Officer (Deputy Chair)
- Professor Shân Wareing, Deputy Vice Chancellor (Deputy Chair)
Deans of Faculties
- John Sinclair, Faculty of Art, Science and Technology: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Karen Jones, Faculty of Business and Law: email@example.com
- Dr Jacob Saranga, Faculty of Health, Education and Society: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dean of Academic Partnerships
- Professor Hastings McKenzie: email@example.com
Dean of Research, Impact and Innovation
- Dr Cathy Smith: firstname.lastname@example.org
Heads of Professional Service Units
- Becky Bradshaw, Director of Estates and Campus Services: email@example.com
- Kathryn Kendon, Academic Registrar and Director of Student and Academic Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark Hall, Executive Director of Finance: email@example.com
- Wray Irwin, Director of Enterprise and Employability: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deborah Mattock, Executive Director of Human Resources, Marketing and International Relations: email@example.com
- Chris Powis, Director of Library and Learning Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Manager of the Officer of the Vice Chancellor, Vanessa Sulch: email@example.com or the Executive Officer, Nick Allen: firstname.lastname@example.org, clerks the University Management Team.
Register of Interests
The University is committed to maintaining the highest standards in the conduct of its business. This requires everyone associated with the University to conduct themselves with integrity, impartiality, honesty and professionalism at all times, and to avoid any conflict arising between their official University duties and their private interests.
Annually, members of the Board, external committee members, senior post holders and senior managers provide the University with information about their interests and activities outside the University.
This information is held by the Clerk to the Board of Governors and reviewed annually by the Audit Committee.