Financial Support at LMA
All students who fall into one or more of the following Under-represented Groups within Higher Education:
- Students whose home postcode falls within IMD Quintile 1 and 2, [2019 IMD data]
- Students whose home postcode falls within POLAR4 measure Quintile 1 and 2
- Students who are from a BAME / GEM background
- Students who have a declared disability
- Students who are care leavers
- Mature students who are over 21 when starting the course.
All students who fall into one or more of the under-represented categories listed below will automatically be eligible for financial support of £300 which will be provided to the student in 3 instalments during their first year of study at LMA.
This will be paid 1st November; 15th December and 1st February. Receipt of each instalment will be dependent on the required attendance level of 80% being achieved in the period prior to the payment.
Financial support of £250 which will be provided to all eligible students in 2 instalments during their second year of study at LMA.
This will be paid 1st November; and 1st Feb. Receipt of each instalment will be dependent on the required attendance level of 80% being achieved in the period prior to the payment.
This fund is discretionary and is open to all qualifying students who require additional help to support their study.
Support from this fund will be provided either via monetary payment, or in “in kind” support such as travel passes, food vouchers, vouchers for specialist equipment relating to the course etc.
Normally, students will only be able to apply to the fund once during each academic year and be able to receive up to a maximum of £1000 in additional support.
Applications can be submitted at any point during the academic year.
When applying for the fund, students are required to demonstrate that they:
- have applied for the maximum amount of maintenance loan that they are entitled to
- need to provide evidence of outgoings including recent bank statements etc.
- clearly identify the nature of the need and the type of support they require.
The fund is finite so in order to be fair to all applicants, distribution of the fund will be staggered through the year so students may not be awarded the full amount they request.