As students begin their journey into higher education their requirements for information will evolve. The University’s UK Schools and Colleges Engagement Team offers a variety of sessions and activities including workshops, presentations and events that are designed to engage with students, fully informing them about higher education to allow them to make an informed decision about their future.
Sessions can be tailored to groups of any size and can include interactive elements. All presentations last 30 minutes and can be delivered as part of an interactive session lasting up to an hour, including topics including:
- personal statements
- student life
- student finance
- study skills
- interview skills
- subject talks
- parent talks
- applying through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS)
- introduction to university
We aim to make our taster days relevant to your students by tailoring them to your needs as much as we can. We will always include a welcome session and campus tour, giving students the best introduction possible to our university, and will provide the opportunity to discuss specific requirements prior to booking. Alternatively, you can register to visit one of our open days as groups from schools and colleges.
Upcoming Taster Days:
- Thursday 9 March 2017
- Wednesday 10 May 2017
You can contact the Schools Liaison Team if you have other dates that you would like to attend a Taster Day
Schools and Colleges Open Day
Aimed at year 12 students, this event gives students the opportunity to experience a university Open Day and to take part in a number of activities, including subject sessions and campus tours, as well as speaking to current students and advisers in admissions, accommodation and student finance. The Schools and Colleges Open Day will take place on Friday 30 June. For more information or to express an interest in attending please contact the team.
For a full list of Open Day dates please visit our Open Days page.
University of Northampton’s Annual Teachers and Advisors Conference 2017: Overcoming barriers to Higher Education
We would like to invite you to our Annual Teachers and Advisers Conference taking place on Tuesday 28th February, featuring a keynote speech from Jonny Mitchell from the successful TV series Educating Yorkshire. We will explore how we can work together to help young people from all backgrounds overcome real or perceived barriers to higher education. The conference will give you the opportunity to explore the future of The University of Northampton by having an exclusive introduction to our Waterside Campus. You will also have a choice to attend four of the following breakout sessions where you can hear about the key developments within our university and the Higher Education sector, including:
- How STEM becomes STEAM – John Sinclair, Dean of the Faculty of Arts, Science and Technology
- Supporting Learners with Non-traditional Qualifications – Nina Antell, Schools and Colleges Liaison and Cindy O’Dell, Senior Lecturer, Nursing
- Building Capacity for Recruiting Teachers – the journey from School/College to University to primary teachers – Elaine Batchelor, Head of Initial Teacher Training
- Supporting students through Clearing and Adjustment – Steven Hamer, Head of Student Recruitment and Marketing
- Update from Student Finance England – Kevin McMullan
- Undergraduates’ perceptions and experiences of risk/risks during their transition through to and beyond university – Grace Sykes
Further information about the event schedule and registration can be found on our events pages.