Terms and conditions
Copyright and disclaimer notice
- The University of Northampton makes no representations or warranties, either express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information in these pages or its fitness for any purpose whatsoever. Whilst every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information in these pages, their content is naturally subject to change. In no event will The University of Northampton be held liable for any direct, indirect, special incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of the information held on The University of Northampton Web servers.
- Unless otherwise explicitly stated all information has protection under copyright and database right irrespective of whether a copyright symbol and statement is present. All trademarks are acknowledged. The University of Northampton asserts its moral rights in respect of its information.
- Unless explicitly stated otherwise on the relevant page, material appearing on The University of Northampton web site may be copied only for the purposes of reading it, keeping it for personal reference by a single individual, or for use by The University of Northampton employees in the course of their duties and by registered students of The University of Northampton in the course of their studies, provided that in all cases the identity and source are indicated. The material may also be used by lawful users in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, as amended by the Copyright and Rights in Database Regulations 1997.
- Any other reproduction or distribution of the material on any web server of The University of Northampton, including commercial use or sale, is not permitted without the explicit consent of The University of Northampton.
- The University of Northampton is not responsible for the content of external Internet sites. In general, references and links to any such sites should not be taken as an endorsement by The University of Northampton of opinions expressed or services provided at those sites. However, in its normal operation as an educational institution, The University of Northampton subscribes to several databases, electronic journals, which staff and students are encouraged to use.
- For more information contact Hilary Johnson, Director of Information Services.
The policy of The University of Northampton is to respect the privacy of all web site visitors to the extent permitted by law. This privacy statement is intended to inform you of the ways in which this web site collects information, the uses to which that information will be put, and the ways in which we will protect any information you choose to provide us.
There are four types of information that this site may collect during your visit:
1. Network traffic logs
In the course of ensuring network security and consistent service for all users, The University of Northampton employs software programs to monitor network traffic. This software identifies unauthorised access or access to non-public information, detects computer viruses and other software that might damage the University's computers or the network, and monitors and tunes the performance of the University's network. In the course of such monitoring, these programs may detect such information as e¬mail headers, addresses from network packets, and other information. Information from these activities is used only for maintaining the security and performance of the University's network and computer systems. Personally identifiable information from these activities is not released without your consent unless required by law.
2. Web visit logs
The University of Northampton's web sites routinely collect and store information from online visitors to help manage those sites and improve service. This information includes the pages visited on the site, the date and time of the visit, the internet address (URL or IP address) of the referring site, the domain name and IP address from which the access occurred, the version of browser used, the capabilities of the browser, and search terms used on our search engines. This site does not attempt to identify individual visitors from this information: any personally identifiable information is not released without your consent unless required by law.
4. Information voluntarily provided by you
In the course of using this web site, you may choose to provide us with information to help us serve your needs. For example, you may send us electronic mail (through a mailer or a web form) to request information, you may sign up for a mailing list, or you may send us your address so we may send you an application or other material. Any personally identifiable information you send us will be used only for the purpose indicated. Requests for information will be directed to the appropriate staff to respond to the request, and may be recorded to help us update our site to better respond to similar requests. We will not sell, exchange or otherwise distribute your personally identifiable information without your consent, except to the extent required by law. We do not retain the information longer than necessary for normal operations. Each web page requesting information discloses the purpose of that information. If you do not wish to have the information used in that manner, you are not required to provide it. Please contact the person listed on the specific page, or listed below, with questions or concerns on the use of personally identifiable information.
The University of Northampton has a relationship with Hobsons Plc (Hobsons) and the pages and URLs listed below are hosted by Hobsons as part of this relationship. A list of the Cookies used by Hobsons for the processing of information on these pages can be found here: http://www.hobsons.com/europe/cookies.php
If you have questions about this site, its collection of information, and its online privacy statement contact the site administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org.