Staff Directory: Mr Matthew Gough
- Role: Senior Lecturer in Dance
- Area: Arts - Music & Dance
- Telephone number: 01604 89 3169
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Matthew Gough trained at Bird College (BA Hon) and the University of Limerick (MA). Balancing the roles of artist, scholar, and lecturer, he maintains a weblog ( http://quodlibet.thumblr.com ) to share his practice publicly. The online documentation of Matt's work is supported by a number of journal publications. Areas in which he has published include: Dance & Performance Technologies, Contact Improvisation, and Youth Dance. Matt has taught, and given master classes in a number of institutions such as; Chester, Central Lancaster, and East Anglia universities, Laban London, and Collyers College. As a dancer and performer Matt has worked with a range of choreographers including; Charles Linehan, Lisa Nelson, Jodie Melnick, Lucy Harrison, Keith-Derrick Randolph, David McCormick, and Mary Nunan. Matthew continues to perform and choreograph whilst working at Northampton University.
Publications on NECTAR
- Gough, M. P. (2011) Dramaturgy of minimalist dance works. Paper presented to: Society of Dance History Scholars Conference 2011: Dance Dramaturgy: Catalyst, Perspectives and Memory, York University, & University of Toronto, Canada, 23-26 June 2011.
- Gough, M. P. (2011) Extant - Hidden Love Song. Performance at: Student International Festival of Dance (SifDans) University of Bedfordshire, 27-29 June 2011. Performers: Askew, Jade, Firth, Laura, Frizzell, Samantha and Maganzini, Giorgia
- Gough, M. P. (2011) Extant - On the Grazing. Performance at: Inter-University Winter Sharing 2011 University of Northampton, 10 December 2011. Performers: Clough, Hayley, Duckworth, Leonie, Firth, Laura, McCallion, Heidi, Singleton, Victoria, Cong, Wang and Benton, Ami
- Gough, M. P. and Frizzell, S. (2011) Extant - When I Woke. Performance at: Dance Research Forum Ireland (DRFI) Student Symposium University of Limerick, Republic of Ireland, 15 April 2011. Performer: Frizzell, Samantha
- Gough, M. P. (2010) Contact improvisation; from practice to pedagogy. Lecture presented to: Dance Research Forum Ireland 3rd International Conference: Capturing Composition: Improvisation in Dance Research and Practice, Firkin Crane, Cork, Ireland, 24-27 June 2010. [Lecture demonstration]
- Gough, M. P. and Motiejunaite, Z. (2010) Kronos. Performance at: Dance Research Forum Ireland 3rd International Conference: Capturing Composition: Improvisation in Dance Research and Practice Firkin Crane, Cork, Ireland, 24-27 June 2010.
- Gough, M. P. (2010) Mass/volume. Performance at: Springboard The Castle, Wellingborough, Northants, 09 July 2010. Performers: Lindley, Kate and Williamson, Lucy
- Gough, M. P. (2009) A Neo-Structuralist pedagogy for contact improvisation. Congress on Research in Dance (CORD) Conference: Global Perspectives On Dance Pedagogy: Research and Practice, De Montfort University, Leicester, 25-27 June 2009. USA: Congress on Research in Dance.
- Gough, M. P. (2007) Re-shoeing Terpsichore: contextualising modernity and concert dance. Paper presented to: Society for Dance Research - New Scholars Conference, London College of Fashion, 30 June 2007.
- Gough, M. P., Green, J., Grubham, S. and Williams, K. (2007) Real-time collaborative art making. Workshop presented to: Real-time Collaborative Art Making: A Methods Network Workshop, University of Central England, Birmingham, 20 July 2007.
- Gough, M. P. (2007) Reverberation, resonance, and transcription. Symposium presented to: Dance Research Forum Ireland (DRFI) Student Symposium, University of Limerick, Republic of Ireland, 23 March 2007.
If you wish to update your personal details please contact a member of the HR team. If you wish to add any other details, such a teaching, publications or research, please contact email@example.com