Staff Directory: Dr Estelle Tarry
- Role: Senior Lecturer
- Area: Education - Professional Education
- Office location: Sulgrave S104, Park campus
- Telephone number: 01604 89 2054
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Estelle was previously a Head Teacher at International Schools in Sri Lanka, Thailand and the Netherlands. Estelle has experience with the National Curriculum, International Primary Curriculum (IPC) and Primary Years Programme (PYP).
She gained her Doctorate in Education for the University of Bath in 2008.
Estelle teaches on
- BA and FD Learning and Teaching
- BA Education Studies
- MA in Education
- PhD Supervisor
Presently Estelle is developing the Certificate for Teaching assistants in an International Context (CTAIC).
- 'An investigation into parental expectations of Primary schooling and the support provided by schools to a single Keralite community in an English county'
- Council of British International Schools (COBIS) 'school support staff'
- 'Reasons why Thai students choose to study at British universities'
- 'Factors effecting Thai Parents' choice of an international school for their 'Early Years' Child'
Publications on NECTAR
- Tarry, E. (2008) Thai students and their reasons for choosing to study in United Kingdom universities. Other thesis. University of Bath.
- Tarry, E., Harber, C., Serf, J., Gray, D., Fergus, P., Doyle, J., Flores Newburn, M. and Talty-Sanghera, M. (2007) Education in South Africa post-apartheid. Paper presented to: Democracy and Citizenship in Education Post-apartheid, Birmingham, 12 June 2007.
- Tarry, E. (2012), 'Teaching assistants: providing support for the IPC' in Hayden M. and Thompson J. (Eds) Taking the IPC forward: Engaging with the International Primary Curriculum, Woodbridge: John Catt Publications, pp.125-133
- Tarry, E. and Cox, A. (2012), Perspectives on cross-cultural research: reflecting on research in an expatriate Indian community in the UK, in Reflective Practice: International and Multidisciplinary Perspectives, Vol.13, No.5, pp. 735-743
- Tarry, E. (2011), British international schools: The deployment and training of teaching assistants, in the Journal of Research in International Education, Vol. 10, Issue 3, pp. 293 - 302
- Tarry, E. (2011): Creating democratic citizenship through drama education: the writings of Jonothan Neelands, Journal of Education for Teaching, 37:3, 365-366
- Tarry, E. (2011), 'Is West really best? Social and cultural tensions international students experience having studied at British universities', in Journal of Further and Higher Education, Vol. 35, No.1, pp. 69-87
- Cox, A., Jament, J. and Tarry E., (2011), 'An investigation into parental expectations of Primary schooling and the support provided by schools to a single Keralite community in an English county' in Procedia - Social and Behavioural Sciences on ScienceDirect, Vol.15, pp. 66-71
- 2013 Council of British International Schools (COBIS) Teaching Assistants Conference in Paris: led by Dr Estelle Tarry and Dr Anna Cox
- 2012 Alliance for International Education (AIE) Qatar
'The Certificate for Teaching Assistants in an International Context; Supporting Intercultural Understanding' Dr. Estelle Tarry and Dr. Anna Cox
- 2012 key note speaker, Council of British International Schools (COBIS) 'Teaching Assistants Professional Development' Conference, Rome
- 2011 Two Papers given at the 4th Learning and Teaching Conference 'Global Learning' on
'Is west really the Best' Dr. Estelle Tarry
'Researching the experience of an expatriate Indian community in the United Kingdom; a perspective on cross-cultural research' Dr. Estelle Tarry and Dr. Anna Cox
- 2011 Seminar given at the 30th Council of British International Schools Conference
'Stakeholders for Successful International Schools', on the Certificate for Teaching Assistants in an International Context
- 2011 World Conference (3rd) in Education Studies 2011 Turkey
'An investigation into parental expectations of Primary schooling and the support provided by schools to a single Keralite community in an English county' Dr Anna Cox, Dr Johnson Jament and Dr Estelle Tarry
- 2010 Presented poster at the PhD Student and Supervisors Conference University of Northampton entitled,
'East meets West; The meeting of minds'
- 2009 Paper given at the Society of Research in Higher Education Conference
'Reasons why Thai students choose to study at British universities'
If you wish to update your personal details please contact a member of the HR team. If you wish to add any other details, such a teaching, publications or research, please contact email@example.com