Staff Directory: Mr David Bird
- Role: Senior Lecturer in Adult Nursing
- Area: Health - Adult Nursing
- Telephone number: 01604 89 2869
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
BSc Hons (Loughborough), MSc (Swansea), Certificate of Education (UEA), RN.
David has a research interest in patient safety and the nature of error making by healthcare professionals. He is currently collaborating with academic colleagues in other HEI's modelling error making by Registered Nurses.
- Anatomy and physiology
- Patient safety
- Research interests
- Patient safety
- Models of Error making by healthcare professionals
- The nature of error making by healthcare professionals
- Bird, D. and Morris, T. (2006) Using Community Matrons to target long term conditions. Nursing Times 102(23) 19-20.
- Morris, T. and Bird, D. (2005) Integrating the Primary Care Graduate Mental Health Worker - one Higher Education institutions experience. Primary care mental health and education, 8(4): 127-130.
- Bird, D and Dennis, S. (2005) Integrating Risk Management (step 3 of 7), Nursing Standard, 20(13): 52-55.
- Bird, D (2005) Promote Reporting (step 4 of 7), Nursing Standard, to be published in November 2005.
- Milligan, F. and Bird, D. (2003) Near miss reporting and the challenge of a blame free culture. Professional Nurse; August 18:12 705-709.
- Bird, D. and Milligan, F. (2003) Lessons from adverse health care event reporting. Professional Nurse; July 18:11 621-625.
- Bird, D. and Milligan, F. (2003) Improving patient safety - adverse and near miss event reporting systems. Professional Nurse; June 18:10 572-575.
- Milligan, F. and Bird, D. (2003) Adverse health care events: the new challenge. Professional Nurse; May 18:9 502-505.
- Clancy, J., McVicar, A. and Bird, D. (2000) Getting it right - Issues in promoting effective student learning of the biological sciences in nurse education and nursing practice, Journal of Advanced Nursing 32(6): 1522-1532.
- Salter, B., Ritch, T. and Bird, D, (2000) Managing Private Finance Initiative, Perspectives - Policy and Practice in Higher Education 4(3): 68-73.
- Bird, D. (1999) Frostbite, Emergency Nurse 7(8):17-19.
- Bird, D. (1999) Smoke inhalation injuries, Emergency Nurse 7(7):19-23.
- Bird, D. (1999) Transferring the thermally injured, Emergency Nurse 7(6):14-17.
- Bird, D. (1999) Epistaxis, Emergency Nurse 7(3): 10-13.
- Bird, D. (1999) Electrical injuries, Emergency Nurse 7(2): 25-29.
- Bird, D. (1996) The range of movement of the temporomandibular joint during mastication. Unpublished.
- Bird, D. (1998) The perceived anxieties of staff within a relocating health care facility. Unpublished.
- Salter, B., Bird, D. and Thompson, S. (1998) Towards the learning organisation. Commissioned research - unpublished.
- Bird, D. (1999) The impact the teaching environment has upon student learning. Unpublished.
- Bird, D. and Cox, H. (2000) Evaluation of EMI care facilities within Norfolk, Commissioned research - unpublished.
- Morris, T. and Bird, D. 2005 The Primary Care Graduate Mental Health Worker (PCGMHW); reflections on a new role. Shared mental health care forum conference, 16th November 2005.
- Bird, D., Barchard, F. and Bilham, S. 2003, Innovations in learning - towards an erudite culture. 5th RCN Joint Education Forum's Conference - Partners in Practice, Bournemouth 13-15th February.
- Barchard, F., Bilham, S. and Bird, D., 2002, Intranet learning - Has it a place in a DGH? The reflective practice, practice development and action research 2nd annual joint conference, Keele University 11-13th September.
- Barchard, F., Bilham, S. and Bird, D., 2002, The evolution of a practice development team in a medium DGH, The reflective practice, practice development and action research 2nd annual joint conference, Keele University 11-13th September
- Bird, D., 2000, Airbag deployment trauma, RCN ENT/Maxillofacial National Conference, Norwich 29th October.
- Cox, H. and Bird, D., 2000, Establishing Primary Care Groups - an analysis of process and product, RCN annual nursing research conference, Sheffield, 13th April
- Bird, D., Salter, B. and Ritch, T., 1999, PFI and HE: Managing organisational change, Association of University Administrators annual conference, UMIST, 30th March.
- Bird, D., 1993 Unusual burn injuries (poster presentation), British Burns Association annual conference, Brighton, September.
If you wish to update your personal details please contact a member of the HR team. If you wish to add any other details, such a teaching, publications or research, please contact email@example.com