Four days of Graduations on campus..and online for the first time
Published Thursday 14th July 2011
3,532 students from The University of Northampton will be graduating from the higher education institution next week (19 – 22 July) during four days of ceremonies at Park Campus.
8,000 visitors will be welcomed onto campus during the events.
Amongst the graduates are the first graduating cohorts from some specific courses; Foundation Degree (FdA) in Fine Art and FdA Illustration (2pm, 19 July), FdA and BA Events Management (2pm, 22 July), and FdA Offender Management (2pm, 21 July). FdA Offender Management is a course which offers those working with offenders and other vulnerable members of society the chance to understand the challenges such groups present, and to examine relevant academic perspectives and learn new skills, ideas and techniques to apply directly to their area of work.
Two sisters will also be graduating from BSc Nursing on the same day (2pm, 20 July), plus the graduation of four students from the School of Health who have been sponsored by the Hong Kong Health Authority to study BSc Podiatry (2pm, 20 July). They will be returning to their full-time jobs in Hong Kong post-graduation.
For the first time, The University of Northampton will be web streaming the ceremonies live in collaboration with StreamExchange. The ceremonies can be viewed online at the graduation live web page.
Amongst the leading figures receiving Honorary awards from The University of Northampton is former Vice Chancellor Ann Tate, who will return to campus at the 2pm Northampton Business School ceremony on 22 July to pick up her Honorary Doctorate.
Other recipients are:
- Gary Mesibov, Director of Division TEACCH at the University of North Carolina (Honorary Doctorate - 10:45am School of The Arts, 19 July)
- Michael Binyon, Leader Writer and former Diplomatic Editor of The Times (Honorary Fellowship - 2pm School of The Arts, 19 July)
- Dr Brian Silk, a leading contributor to nursing and medical education (Honorary Fellowship - 2pm School of Health, 20 July)
- Nick Blakely, Head of the Waste Research Team, Sustainable Consumption and Production and Waste Evidence at Defra (Honorary Doctorate - 10:45am School of Science and Technology, 21 July)
- Gerry Gable, a founding member of Searchlight Magazine, exposing racism and fascism (Honorary Doctorate - 2pm School of Social Sciences, 21 July)