Raising the Bar Review (RtB)
Raising the Bar Review (RtB) is a management process that focuses on the performance and development of staff.
The process is intended to:
- Align individual objectives with School/Professional Services and the wider strategic objectives of the University
- Underpin Phase 2 of the Pay Framework Agreement - Progression Within and Between Grades
- Recognise individual achievements and support development needs in job roles, professional requirements and/or career ambitions
- Support the collaboration of a University-wide annual training plan and training plans specific to each School and Professional Service
- Support succession planning
The RtB Preparing for your Review outlines the structure and process for conducting and/or maximising the potential of RtB.
Formal documented RtBs are required once a year between 1 May - 30 September. One interim review is required and should usually take place between 1 November and 31 March. To assist with the process you will need the following documentation:
As part of the process the reviewer should also have active discussions in connection with accelerated increments and contribution points. Further details are also available.