Voluntary and community sector
Resources available for voluntary and community groups
The University of Northampton offers voluntary and community groups excellent opportunities to recruit enthusiastic volunteers.
As well as over 12,000 potential student volunteers, The University of Northampton employs staff with a wide variety of expertise in The Arts, Health, Education, Business, Science and Technology and Social Sciences.
The University's Centre for Community Volunteering can offer the following services for voluntary and community groups:
- Promotion of your organisation and opportunities available through a monthly e-newsletter and website
- Organised sessions where you can meet interested students
- Stand at one of two Volunteers Fairs, held annually in October
- Promotion of fundraising campaigns
- All volunteers are offered volunteering preparation training - covering areas such as health and safety, rights and responsibilities and communication skills
- Provision for specialised training - e.g. working with University volunteers
- Ongoing support and advice for organisations and volunteers