Institutional context - strategic fit
Widening Participation (WP) lies at the heart of the University's new Strategic Plan 2010 - 2015. WP projects, activities and partnerships are the practical translation of the UN's vision, mission, values (see below) and correlate with the four Critical Success Factors:
- Student Experience
- Intellectual Capital
- Financial Sustainability
- Strategic Partners
As such WP is essential to delivering the University's unique selling point as an institution excelling in Social Enterprise built on community interaction, regional engagement, WP, third sector partnership, student volunteering and employability.
By 2015 the UN will have transformed into an internationally-facing University committed to delivering outstanding life-changing opportunities in education, underpinned by a culture of entrepreneurship, research and social enterprise recognised around the world for its originality and impact. The University's ambitious and unapologetic stance combining quality, diversity of provision, access and graduate employability is the envy of the sector. The University of Northampton is admired nationally for our market-led, value-added offer and unswerving commitment to the economic, social and cultural success of the region.
To transform lives and inspire change.
- Delivering: a student experience of the highest quality
- Entrepreneurial: enhancing the economic, social, cultural and creative life of the region
- Valuing: opportunity, diversity, a global perspective, inclusion and equality for all
- Enabling: a culture of empowerment, responsibility, tolerance and excellence
- Leading: the commitment to innovation, value for money and financial sustainability
- Openness: transparency, celebration of success
- Performance: through continuous staff development and investment
The Sir Thomas White Charity donates £150K to fund University Scholarships
As the article explains, the partnership between The University of Northampton and Sir Thomas White Charity will enable more young people from Northamptonshire to access financial support whilst at university.