UKCISA advice for students
The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) website offers a wealth of information leaflets. The following is a small selection that could be useful.
Keeping healthy and coping with cultural change
- International students and culture shock - aims to help students prepare for adjusting to a new country and a new culture, which can be difficult at first
- Keeping Healthy - practical guide to medical services in the UK, your entitlement, and information on diet, weather and personal health. Local Health information, including the Doctors' Surgery on Park campus is available from Student Services.
- Preparing to return home - arrangements before leaving the UK, and 'reverse culture shock' when you return to your own country
Other practical issues while you are in the UK
- Driving in the United Kingdom - legal requirements relating to the car and the driver
- Working in the UK during your studies - when you can and cannot work legally in the UK
- Working in the UK after your studies - if you want to stay on in the UK to work at the end of your studies
- Council tax and international students - advice on who must pay it
- Study in Britain and Guide to UK Culture - available from the British Council's website