Cleaning Management University Certificate (Distance Learning)
The University Certificate in Cleaning Management (UCCM) is an undergraduate level one year part-time course.
Modes of study
One year part-time through distance learning.
Two A Levels or equivalent or appropriate industrial experience.
Application deadline dates:
5 September 2012
4 January 2013
3 May 2013
Length of study
One year part-time
The UCCM is suitable for either cleaning managers or suitably qualified/experienced people aspiring to a management position. The UCCM promotes the practical application of enterprise and legal principles to help managers meet everyday issues, arising in both public and private sector organisations.
The UCCM has also been designed to offer flexibility in terms of both where and when the learning takes place.
Candidates who achieve the Certificate will have:
- Developed the competencies required to perform effectively at management level in the cleaning industry
- Developed knowledge and understanding of legal contexts and constraints and enterprise practice
- A sound legal background for those who intend to undertake further academic study in this or a related field
- Developed the skills required to manage environmental cleaning related issues in a variety of contexts
At the end of the course candidates will be more confident in their ability and have acquired skills to improve both their own and their organisation's performance by being more analytical and reasoned decision makers.
- Quantification, enterprise and marketing (20 credits, Level 4 module)
- Managing legal issues in the cleaning and wastes industries (20 credits, Level 4 module)
- Environmental legislation for the cleaning industry (20 credits, Level 5 module)
Methods of study
For undergraduate application information please see our how to apply page.
Fees quoted are for home and EU students commencing their course in the academic year 2013/14. Tuition fees are payable for each year of the course. The fees are subject to annual increases in subsequent academic years.
Distance learning fees
Year 1: £750Distance learning fee: 750 (full fee for 60 credits)
Scholarships and bursaries
The following scholarships may be applicable: