As the leading university for social enterprise, we promote entrepreneurship in a wider context to support students, staff and the local community – by helping them to start and grow the right business solutions to meet their needs. The University’s Enterprise Club provides a range of services including one-to-one business advice, mentoring, business skills training, access to funding opportunities and networking. A variety of business support initiatives have also been put in place, such as:
- Northamptonshire Growth Hub – a gateway to business support services available throughout the county. Available to all sizes and types of businesses, including social enterprises, the Northamptonshire Growth Hub provides information, advice, guidance and specialist support to established businesses and individuals, and organisations looking to set up a business
- Inspire2Enterprise – which provides a wealth of services for new and existing social enterprises and entrepreneurs throughout the UK and Ireland
- Geneyus – an expert business support service for established small to medium sized enterprises (SMEs) looking to grow their business. It engages with and supports SMEs in Northamptonshire and the surrounding counties
- Raptor Consultancy – a student-led business support agency
- Enterprise4Corby – a free service which nurtures a culture of enterprise and entrepreneurship within the local community of Corby
- Enterprise4Kettering – a free service offering a wide range of business support and advice to the residents of Kettering Borough
In addition, the University has a variety of business and meeting spaces and conferencing facilities available through dedicated centres, including:
- Sunley Conference Centre – catering for conferences and meetings with fully equipped boardrooms through to a 120 seat lecture theatre
- Portfolio Innovation Centre – offering 46 studios and offices for emerging businesses in the design, digital and creative sector
- iCon Environmental Innovation Centre – a beacon for environmental innovation in the UK and beyond, offering a high profile, supportive environment for companies at the forefront of the low carbon sector
- the University of Northampton Innovation Centre – currently under construction with 42 flexible office units, a café and conference space planned, the centre will offer the opportunity to grow a social enterprise in a supportive environment alongside similar businesses
Enterprise Inc is a funding and support scheme open to full or part time students, recent graduates and academics in the East Midlands who are planning to start a business. Further information is available from the Enterprise Club.
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships
Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTPs) are a UK wide programme which enables businesses and organisations to benefit from the skills of academic staff and graduates.
KTPs are partly funded by the government and the cost of a KTP depends on the duration of your project and the size of your organisation. To find out more about how your organisation can benefit from a Knowledge Transfer Partnership with the University of Northampton, email Karen Lewis.
Centre for Citizenship, Enterprise and Governance
The Centre for Citizenship, Enterprise and Governance (CCEG) promotes the external research and enterprise agenda of the University of Northampton Business School (NBS). CCEG welcomes academics, students, private and public organisations, as well as third sector and community membership and empowers its members to use applied research and commercial enterprise solutions to innovate and make available best practice to resolve difficult problems. For further information please visit the CCEG website.