Healthwatch Northamptonshire Community Interest Company (CIC) is an independent consumer champion for everyone who uses local health and social care services in the county. It speaks on behalf of patients to ensure everyone gets the best they can from their local health provision. Healthwatch Northamptonshire provides information on local health and social care services and signposts people to where they can get the right help and support.
Commissioned by Northamptonshire County Council, Healthwatch Northamptonshire is run as a social enterprise with the support of the University of Northampton and Northampton Volunteering Centre.
Healthwatch Northamptonshire’s principles include:
- to provide information and advice about health and social care services
- to monitor health and social care services (with the exception of services for looked after children)
- to become a strong and powerful voice for local people to influence how services are planned, organised and delivered
- to be an effective voice rooted in the community finding out what local people think about health and social care
- to research patient, user and carer views and experiences so that the community is effectively represented
- to report findings of local views and experiences to local health and social care decision makers
For more information please visit the Healthwatch Northamptonshire website.