The Forest School tackles the lack of access to play spaces and the natural environment by providing opportunities for children to learn within a safe and natural, woodland environment.
Forest@UN provides opportunities to further enhance the University’s relationship with local schools, and is a valuable resource for its staff and students. It does this by:
- allowing schools with trained Forest School Leaders to use the site at Park Campus
- providing, for an appropriate fee, a trained Forest School Leader for schools who wish to use the site, but do not have a Forest School Leader
- enabling work outside the classroom training for students and practitioners
- developing a research profile in this area, building upon existing undergraduate and postgraduate dissertations
- providing placement opportunities for students when children are visiting the site
Forest@UN can be used by local education establishments free of charge, while students at the University of Northampton can undertake volunteering work.
For further information, or to find out how you can get involved, please email Gillian Sykes.