Credit Unions are social enterprise mutual financial organisations set up by members to benefit their community. The Changemaker Credit Union is a joint initiative between the University of Northampton and Northamptonshire Credit Union (NCU). It provides innovative financial services package to all students and staff of the University.
If you become a Changemaker Credit Union member you will be supporting a local and ethical savings and loan scheme that is owned and managed by students for all members. To become a member of the Changemaker Credit Union, you need to be a student, an alumni or a member of staff of the University of Northampton. If you do not meet these requirements, you can still join the Credit Union as a member of our parent company the Northamptonshire Credit Union.
Below are some of the benefits of becoming a member of the Changemaker Credit Union:
- a safe and secure way of saving and borrowing
- easy access to affordable loans with low interest rate
- flexible savings from as little as £1 a week or £5 per month
- flexible savings schemes to help you plan for special occasions and day to day expenditure
- you can partake in our yearly elections where you can nominate yourself or others for varying roles
- professional and friendly team that are committed to ensuring confidentiality and data protection
To join the Changemaker Credit Union, please email us or phone 01604 893642.
You will be required to provide two forms of identification, for example a passport or driving licence, utility bill or bank statement alongside your National Insurance number. A £2 one off membership fee is payable to activate your account and is payable at the time of joining.
For details on UK credit unions, please refer to the Association of British Credit Unions.